This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fritz View Post

But is it fun? What's the point of playing if you're not even playing and just letting your assisters do it all while you stare at your screen? If more people actually TRIED to play rather than hide behind their assisters skirts, they would improve. And maybe, just maybe, they could actually beat a higher level -- GASP -- on their own!
    farmers provide the revenue for the free play, there's no sense complaining about it, but being expected to beat these higher bases alone is daft, skilled attacker or not. Following this logic, we should just do away with alliances altogether to fully embrace this skilled solo attack you're suggesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozymandias View Post

Neither is losing to farmers 30 levels above, no sportsmanship whatsoever, at least beating a players base 30 levels higher is the exception rather than the norm, actually it's a miracle when it happens, that's what makes it fun.
      I do agree here, not only that but it’s impossible to defend against someone like sln even with 10 defenders she/he since we never know who is using the account I know I can never win. I don’t mind as much but only because I almost never get her but other members of my alliance get her almost every 10 minutes. This is when I suggested a different loot payout when ur attacking a lower base to try to discourage farmers as well as people who nerf their base.
      A fun,active alliance Genesis 😊 Try us out

Comment

Originally posted by Sweetmai View Post

I do agree here, not only that but it’s impossible to defend against someone like sln even with 10 defenders she/he since we never know who is using the account I know I can never win. I don’t mind as much but only because I almost never get her but other members of my alliance get her almost every 10 minutes. This is when I suggested a different loot payout when ur attacking a lower base to try to discourage farmers as well as people who nerf their base.
        The only way to get back at farmers like Sln or me or some others is to attack back or revenge. You get the loot and you only lose 1 cup. I offer 1 million gold and 2 billion stones for anyone that attacks me.

Comment

Tho, you should get some more loot against ppl much higher then you. just that

Comment

Reminder to respect everyones right to give their own opinion. Please keep posts free from name calling and personal attacks.

Comment

This is a reminder to follow the forum rules and was not specifically targeting one post but a series of posts that are becoming more agressive.
              There is no need to call out any specific player to address the topic being discussed

Comment

Kitten...corner tenting was never a cheating method to win battles. It’s simply a strategy. You do need to realize that all players play different strategies to defeat a base. It’s not just slow pushing. Limiting strategies to one’s liking removes the variety of play styles people can make. If corner tenting is the “cheapest way to win”, then it should be mentioned how lv120+ players are dropping trophies and getting their “cheap wins” and loot of destroying weak bases. I don’t even mind at all if high Lv players attack me to farm since it’s fun revenging them. I also don’t even mind if an alliance uses corner tenting against me. It’s their playstyle and I respect that. Assistants and the attacker work together to defeat bases (which is entirely the whole concept of assisting). Athena walk towards clouds is entirely different from corner tenting because no defenses can target Athena when she’s in the clouds except for defenders but they lack a lot of dmg. Tents are in range if you have ballistic towers and Archimedes towers watching those corners

“it’s impossible to defend against corner tenters especially when they come in 3-6 helpers”. It’s not impossible. Going back to players who corner tents me, I’ve manage to solo defend players with 4+ assistants. I also get into battles with 6+ helpers who still wasn’t able to win with all the help from corner tenting. It depends on the base whether or not defenses are watching those corners.

If players complain about lv100+ beating lv110+ with corner tenting, they should be complaining about players like me who slow push since it’s the same mindset of “eliminating strategies they’re losing against to”. Honestly don’t get frustrated if you’re losing to the same person because of what they’re using. Change your base, see what needs to improve and talk with your teammates how to defend against them. I’m well aware that you sometimes change your layout but threatening the devs that you won’t buy gems and forcing players to play a specific way isn’t the right mindset. It clearly shows that you purchasing their deals isn’t to support the developers; it’s only for your benefit for being the top. I’m not saying that this your intention but from other perspectives, that’s how theyre seeing it.

Im completely against the “No gods no assist”. You’re not only removing corner tenting but many other assets of assisting (unit awe, zaps, heal, will never be touched for def/attack). I don’t use any since I usually solo BUT speaking behalf of many players, doing this will no doubt make EVERYONE slow push as they reach towards higher Lv.

Obviously do not take this as an insult if you’re against corner tenting and “no gods no tents”. I respect everyone’s perspective. However, do consider the points from the other side and long term risks if the devs plan to completely remove corner tenting and many other strats along with it. I’m not even kidding, this game is going to force players to slow push if your teammates can’t assist you properly. Instead of asking developers to remove a strat (which chain reacts to other strats), we can share ideas and ways to counter them in game.

Comment

Originally posted by DasianInvasian View Post
                  Kitten...corner tenting was never a cheating method to win battles. It’s simply a strategy. You do need to realize that all players play different strategies to defeat a base. It’s not just slow pushing. Limiting strategies to one’s liking removes the variety of play styles people can make. If corner tenting is the “cheapest way to win”, then it should be mentioned how lv120+ players are dropping trophies and getting their “cheap wins” and loot of destroying weak bases. I don’t even mind at all if high Lv players attack me to farm since it’s fun revenging them. I also don’t even mind if an alliance uses corner tenting against me. It’s their playstyle and I respect that. Assistants and the attacker work together to defeat bases (which is entirely the whole concept of assisting). Athena walk towards clouds is entirely different from corner tenting because no defenses can target Athena when she’s in the clouds except for defenders but they lack a lot of dmg. Tents are in range if you have ballistic towers and Archimedes towers watching those corners

“it’s impossible to defend against corner tenters especially when they come in 3-6 helpers”. It’s not impossible. Going back to players who corner tents me, I’ve manage to solo defend players with 4+ assistants. I also get into battles with 6+ helpers who still wasn’t able to win with all the help from corner tenting. It depends on the base whether or not defenses are watching those corners.

If players complain about lv100+ beating lv110+ with corner tenting, they should be complaining about players like me who slow push since it’s the same mindset of “eliminating strategies they’re losing against to”. Honestly don’t get frustrated if you’re losing to the same person because of what they’re using. Change your base, see what needs to improve and talk with your teammates how to defend against them. I’m well aware that you sometimes change your layout but threatening the devs that you won’t buy gems and forcing players to play a specific way isn’t the right mindset. It clearly shows that you purchasing their deals isn’t to support the developers; it’s only for your benefit for being the top. I’m not saying that this your intention but from other perspectives, that’s how theyre seeing it.

Im completely against the “No gods no assist”. You’re not only removing corner tenting but many other assets of assisting (unit awe, zaps, heal, will never be touched for def/attack). I don’t use any since I usually solo BUT speaking behalf of many players, doing this will no doubt make EVERYONE slow push as they reach towards higher Lv.

Obviously do not take this as an insult if you’re against corner tenting and “no gods no tents”. I respect everyone’s perspective. However, do consider the points from the other side and long term risks if the devs plan to completely remove corner tenting and many other strats along with it. I’m not even kidding, this game is going to force players to slow push if your teammates can’t assist you properly. Instead of asking developers to remove a strat (which chain reacts to other strats), we can share ideas and ways to counter them in game.
                  Thank you Dasian, some sense finally. Hopefully, your reputation will spare you infantile responses I've been getting from so many, for sharing your views.

Comment

🤔I agree well said dasian! It gets extremely boring assisting everyone the same way.
                    A fun,active alliance Genesis 😊 Try us out

Comment

But you do see the obvious stupid AI where 100% of the troops respond to corner tents. That’s obviously a flaw in the system which needs to be patched. If they won’t get rid of corner tents, they need to fix the stupid AI and make it where only 10-15 % of the troops respond while the others are still left to protect the temples/base. Or put a range on that corner tent, only the troops within that range will respond. The other troops should still be protecting the base.

Not entirely sure if I believe you when you said you can defend against them, obviously you haven’t been attacked by Kane level 112 or (TR) Perseus level 114 who are expertly using corner tents and their 3-6 helpers. DasianInvasian
                      Last edited by Kitten; December 6th, 2018, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Ozymandias plz... Kitten is responding to my post so she’s allowed to ping me to know who she’s talking to. It’s a discussion after all. 🤷*♂️

Anyway, kitten...
                        you do also see that no god no assist doesn’t make sense either? Incorporating the “no god no assist” is restricting your alliance members from helping you until you decide to drop a god which defeats the entire purpose of assisting and LITERALLY changing everyone’s strat to one single solution: slow push. The “stupid AI troops” are just AI troops. Obviously they don’t have the logical decisions like we do and they are simply programmed to take action on certain occasions. Trust me, it’s difficult to actually make % of the troops react to the tents on one side because there will be things on top of that to also fix. For example, how would Troops react if the last temple is at the corner and a triton/or apollo is spawned in to take it out? Do you want 10-15% of ALL the troops to go after the triton/or apollo? Of course not, because you’ll lose that temple and lose the defense. It’s natural that AI troops can’t behave everything that we want them to. It’s something that we have to deal with. I don’t rlly want to mention other games but tower defense games overall has AI mechanism that’ll never work entirely in our favor. It’s something that players will have to deal with and implement different strats to work in our favor. Hence why I mentioned about putting ranged defenses/monuments in corners to take out those tents or telling alliance members to drop vengeance warriors/tritons in corners to quickly annihilate them. Corner tenters are able to get away with it because of the base they are attacking and also how well they are able to lure troops. Which brings back my point that corner tenting is considered a strategy. It’s not a cheap way to win because many of the battles I’ve seen corner tenting consumed way too much time and the attacker wasn’t able to accordinate with the assistants of destroying temples + running out of time.

With my defenses, I go up against lv90+ players (from lower tier alliance) that corner tent and I win those since my troops are strong enough to get rid of multiple tents. I haven’t defend the players you mentioned because my defense cups isn’t high at all (I don’t spend too much time on my base). Ofc I also have lv100+ players who destroy my base since it’s pretty easy with the high lvgods (could be the reason why you may not believe me that I win those certain defenses).

Just know this, all bases have flaws and same goes for attack strategies (which includes corner tenting). If certain tactics like Athena cloud walk are impossible to defend, of course the developers would do something about it since it isn’t fair for defenders. But the concept of corner tenting can easily be implemented if you can work together with your alliance. Teamwork at its finest!

Ive been dealing with more farming players than corner tenters. however, it’s their playstyle and I don’t mind it at all. It’s my respect towards all players who attack/defend their own way (which includes you kitten 😊! ) .

Comment

DasianInvasian Someone is obviously trolling, please ignore. And yes you are correct, it’s too long if I quote you so I just mentioned your name, I’m not arguing with you, just directing my post to you but I guess someone doesn’t get it. Someone else suggested the no god no assist and I just happen to agree with it but my main suggestion on how to solve it is to put a range on those tents, both defense and offense so that not all troops will respond to it, only a percentage. They have a range on the monuments and the towers, so why not put a range on the tents as well. Or just change the AI so that not all will respond to the corner tent, just 10-15% of the troops. I agree with some of your post, it will change the whole dynamics of the game. But like what Arya have mentioned many times before, probably even before I started playing, it’s a loophole and people are exploiting it. Obviously needs to be patched. That’s all I’m saying.

With regards to teamwork in the alliance when it comes to defense, not all people can defend or are on at the same time to defend. That’s just the reality. Also, there’s a bug where it takes you a few reloads to be able to get in the game. Not sure if it’s fixed but it happens every now and then, it takes forever to join a defense.
                          Last edited by Kitten; December 6th, 2018, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Taken from the Gods of Olympus app.
                            Command the gods of Olympus as they battle through Ancient Greece
                            Real-Time Cooperative Play
                            Rush into battle to aid your allies and fight alongside them in live cooperative play!
                            obviously the basic intent of the game is attacking, with the gods, to win a battle. Assisting your allies and fighting alongside them would/should require them to be on the battlefield to fight alongside you. No gods no assists, not to punish your assisters but to encourage players to keep their gods on the map and fighting. There is a lot of talk about corner tenting, the absolute dullest attacks come in when players have no gods on the map for over half the battle requiring helpers to take down multiple temples for them. This is not strategy, it is not fun, it is hard to watch, no fun to assist, and the only reason an attacker would value this is it allows them to take out bases way out of their league. Assistance should be assistance, not the foundation of a strategy

Comment

Kitten Hmm, range on tents isn’t a bad idea. Not sure how it’ll work though because the tent is at a corner so it’s possible that none of the troops are going to respond if ALL the troops are at the other side since gods can drag (not on purpose) all the troops and die off there. With teamwork, a simple tip like, pre spawning troops at corners or zap can actually slow down if not eliminate corner tenting. Yeah, it’s understandable that many can’t be online at once.

Im also having issues with reloading my game. Especially the last challenge where it took me 10 tries to reload the game haha. I think it’s one of those minor fixes the devs will patch soon.
                              Last edited by DasianInvasian; December 6th, 2018, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Diablo View Post
                                Taken from the Gods of Olympus app.
                                Command the gods of Olympus as they battle through Ancient Greece
                                Real-Time Cooperative Play
                                Rush into battle to aid your allies and fight alongside them in live cooperative play!
                                obviously the basic intent of the game is attacking, with the gods, to win a battle. Assisting your allies and fighting alongside them would/should require them to be on the battlefield to fight alongside you. No gods no assists, not to punish your assisters but to encourage players to keep their gods on the map and fighting. There is a lot of talk about corner tenting, the absolute dullest attacks come in when players have no gods on the map for over half the battle requiring helpers to take down multiple temples for them. This is not strategy, it is not fun, it is hard to watch, no fun to assist, and the only reason an attacker would value this is it allows them to take out bases way out of their league. Assistance should be assistance, not the foundation of a strategy
                                This I agree. 100%.

Assistance is there to help, not win battles for you. Not take out temples for you while your gods are on standby. And that is why corner tenting is a bug or a loophole in the system that some people are using and taking advantage and that it needs to be fixed/patched.
                                Last edited by Kitten; December 6th, 2018, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X