Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please STOP Corner Tenting!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Please STOP Corner Tenting!!!

    It’s the cheapest way of winning, which, imo is tantamount to cheating. It is impossible to defend against corner tenters especially when they come with 3-6 helpers.

  • #2
    This should be merged with the farming thread. Winning isn't the purpose of farming, but it certainly is a cheap way to win when on the way up. It's impossible to defend against since the levels are gigantic. Many dislike both. Quite similar. I see only two differences:

    1. The farmer wants loot and the corner tenter wants trophies.
    2. One affects you personally and the other doesn't, which is why you posted this thread but don't mind the farmers.

    I used to be a corner tenter. I corner tented because I was level 60 attacking level 80s. It was the only way to win against monsters and I didn't know how to attack properly anyway. Curse of starting with a bunch of melee gods...lol. When Poseidon came out, his temple made another difficult target and I could no longer take gigantic levels by dropping gods in small groups. I learned to attack differently (with all 5 gods at once, imagine that!) and it's much easier to win that way anyway (unless you're attacking under your level). I don't like farming, but I see why they do it. I don't like corner tenting, but I see why they do it. I don't like that the game enables both behaviors without even attempting to implement anything to mitigate the damage they cause.

    Personally, I don't know why the AI can't be tweaked so only the nearest 20% or 25% of troops respond to a tent. I would think that would help. Maybe it's too hard to code.
    Join 'Strength & Honor!' and receive a coupon for one free assist by Fritz! While supplies last.

    Comment


    • #3
      Personally, I still like the idea that was floated around the forums that would prevent assist while gods are off map. I had an attacker recently with 6 assists. A little over 2 minutes left, 4 temples standing and and down to 2 gods when he used Hermes recall. The assisters proceeded to use tents and those little exploding buggers to clear out three temples before gods finally came back with 15 seconds to spare. Cheap win. That crap needs to stop.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Fritz View Post
        This should be merged with the farming thread. Winning isn't the purpose of farming, but it certainly is a cheap way to win when on the way up. It's impossible to defend against since the levels are gigantic. Many dislike both. Quite similar. I see only two differences:

        1. The farmer wants loot and the corner tenter wants trophies.
        2. One affects you personally and the other doesn't, which is why you posted this thread but don't mind the farmers.

        I used to be a corner tenter. I corner tented because I was level 60 attacking level 80s. It was the only way to win against monsters and I didn't know how to attack properly anyway. Curse of starting with a bunch of melee gods...lol. When Poseidon came out, his temple made another difficult target and I could no longer take gigantic levels by dropping gods in small groups. I learned to attack differently (with all 5 gods at once, imagine that!) and it's much easier to win that way anyway (unless you're attacking under your level). I don't like farming, but I see why they do it. I don't like corner tenting, but I see why they do it. I don't like that the game enables both behaviors without even attempting to implement anything to mitigate the damage they cause.

        Personally, I don't know why the AI can't be tweaked so only the nearest 20% or 25% of troops respond to a tent. I would think that would help. Maybe it's too hard to code.
        Meh. Corner tenting is not farming.

        The AI can be tweaked, devs just don’t want to do it. They can make it where only 10 -15% of the troops in that corner are the only ones to respond to the corner tent, not 100% of the troops. Or put a range, where only the troops in that range are the only ones to respond to the corner tents. And that’s why I say corner tenting is a glitch or a loophole in the game that some cheaters are taking advantage and must be fixed to preserve the integrity of the game.

        Remember when people used to walk Athena to the clouds to lure troops away from the base? It’s the same as corner tents. But they fixed it. Idk why they won’t put a stop to corner tenting.

        leroy Jay
        I’m just waiting for devs to reply. If there’s no solution, I’m done with this game. I already stopped buying gems since November 30th. That’s been a few days of not buying which is really rare for me 😆

        Comment


        • #5
          I agree. It's the cheapest way to win. The fix is soo simple. No god. No assists. This topic has been beaten to death since butterballs days. I sincerely hope the devs fix this. I believe that by fixing just this one thing, def can be better balanced.

          Comment


          • #6
            I guess the simplest solution is no one can drop any troops if gods aren’t dropped. Or what Arya and monkey said above. No god dropped- can’t assist or drop troops/tents. Simple. Jay leroy

            Comment


            • #7
              No god on the map. No assist.
              Assists should help you during battles.... NOT WIN the battle for you.

              Kitten If your gemmed base (with almost maxed houses) is still losing to these cheap players, maybe its about time you stop gemming your base.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Snake Eater View Post
                No god on the map. No assist.
                Assists should help you during battles.... NOT WIN the battle for you.

                Kitten If your gemmed base (with almost maxed houses) is still losing to these cheap players, maybe its about time you stop gemming your base.
                Agree. Good idea on how to stop corner tents.

                And yes, I have stopped buying gems already and eventually will just quit. Game has gotten boring and stale. Devs can continue to allow players to cheat and more and more players will eventually quit.

                Comment


                • #9
                  That particular strategy never made sense.. They are assists Essentially to assists the gods. If there aren't any gods active in battle. The assists can sit on their thumbs for all I care. It's a long overdue fix imho Plz patch this exploit

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ARYA View Post
                    I agree. It's the cheapest way to win. The fix is soo simple. No god. No assists. This topic has been beaten to death since butterballs days. I sincerely hope the devs fix this. I believe that by fixing just this one thing, def can be better balanced.
                    We are in the final stages of testing a minor release (mostly bug fixes), so a change here won't happen for this upcoming release. That said, personally, I do also like this change and would like to get it in as soon as possible as well. I'll see what I can do to convince the rest of the team to get it in quickly.

                    leroy

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by leroy View Post

                      We are in the final stages of testing a minor release (mostly bug fixes), so a change here won't happen for this upcoming release. That said, personally, I do also like this change and would like to get it in as soon as possible as well. I'll see what I can do to convince the rest of the team to get it in quickly.

                      leroy
                      Thank you very much Leroy. If you guys institute this change in the next update it wud be amazing and I wud think of u fondly before bed each night. Cheers.. ☺️☺️

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Wait ... I’m assuming zap would still be ok ? Or is that also considered cheating for some people since there are no gods on the field?
                        A fun,active alliance Genesis 😊 Try us out

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Personally I feel like it should be all assist powers. Why special case zap? I can't imagine it being fun for anyone sitting around watching attack assisters zap a temple (or whatever) into oblivion (with no gods on the field), which could certainly be the next big thing.

                          leroy

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I dont see how zap is a problem. Zap isnt really cheating since it doesnt distract the troops. The major thing people have problems with is 1. Corner tenting and 2. Assisters picking off temples with no gods on the fields. There could be other things I missed. But again fixing the AI and not allowing any troops to be dropped with no gods in the field would solve this issue as mentioned above
                            Last edited by AjLitaFanGirl; December 4th, 2018, 11:08 AM.
                            New Turkish Delight Era. New friends...New start

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by AjLitaFanGirl View Post
                              I dont see how zap is a problem. Zap isnt really cheating since it doesnt distract the troops. The major thing people consider have problems with is 1. Corner tenting and 2. Assisters picking off temples with no gods on the fields. There could be other things I missed. But again fixing the AI and not allowing any troops to be dropped with no gods in the field would solve this issue as mentioned above
                              Zap would be a problem if a temple was low on health. You'd almost certainly have attackers allowing their attack assisters to zap that temple for 3 minutes until it is dead (or even just allowing the assisters to zap it until it is super weak), which I don't think is a wonderful mechanic. A better question would be why would we only allow that specific power? Just to zap deco?

                              leroy

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X