No announcement yet.

Achilles could use a small tweak

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Achilles could use a small tweak

Not sure if this is intentional by design, but the major problem with Achilles is that he's easily distracted and bypassed altogether. He does fine while fighting with his sword against melee troops, because he can knock one into a group of them and move on, like other melee heros do. The problem is when he faces archers, or skeleton archers, he stands there with his painfully slow attack rate, throwing his spear at them individually. A small tweak to have him only use his spear on gods or charmed buildings, would fix this. Seeing as how hero useage rates are so lopsided in favour of the usual suspects, especially at the top of the leaderboard, I think any suggestions that help other heroes be more viable without breaking them should be considered. This is a small tweak that would make him ever so slightly more useful without turning him into another Perseus.

And Adonis can probably just be removed or reworked. It is still so useless

Comment

This is also Hercules's problem and why perseus is so overpowered

Comment

Oh come on!!

Dont run behind nerfing Perseus now and Atlanta later and then so on...

I agree with improving other heros but nerfing good heros would be such a waste...

At the moment game is almost in balance for slowpush. Just work on balancing mono then game would be near perfect..

Comment

Yes i totally wish atalanta would also stun the gods with her basic attack

Comment

Perseus properly upgraded will OBLITERATE the entire pantheon of UW gods. It’s fine if the dev is okay with a hero that can single handedly win defense for a basic city. Then give equal treatment to the UW. We need a villain that can wipe out the entire pantheon of Olympus gods. There’s so many mythical characters to choose from that would work with UW.

Comment

Originally posted by The Grim Reaper
              Perseus properly upgraded will OBLITERATE the entire pantheon of UW gods. It’s fine if the dev is okay with a hero that can single handedly win defense for a basic city. Then give equal treatment to the UW. We need a villain that can wipe out the entire pantheon of Olympus gods. There’s so many mythical characters to choose from that would work with UW.
              Thats already there. Copy level 127 uw base.

I dont play uw but keep getting matched up against that base. Hero is amazing. Just what a good defence needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Marshmalo
                This is also Hercules's problem and why perseus is so overpowered
                hercules will walk up to archers and smack a group of them though, achilles taking on 5 archers will throw his spear individually at each one, and with his slow attack it takes him forever to deal with a tiny group of archers so he can do more important work .. like attacking gods

perseus is long overdue for a nerf, Leroy likes to quote useage rates and I'm sure he can see that all top bases use him, so clearly there's a problem there. and yeah Adonis should be removed or reworked, I don't know why anyone would use him, even his animation is foolish, some half naked pretty boy running around, perhaps older women choose him for that reason?
                Last edited by xprs; November 2, 2022, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by xprs

hercules will walk up to archers and smack a group of them though, achilles taking on 5 archers will throw his spear individually at each one, and with his slow attack it takes him forever to deal with a tiny group of archers so he can do more important work .. like attacking gods

perseus is long overdue for a nerf, Leroy likes to quote useage rates and I'm sure he can see that all top bases use him, so clearly there's a problem there. and yeah Adonis should be removed or reworked, I don't know why anyone would use him, even his animation is foolish, some half naked pretty boy running around, perhaps older women choose him for that reason?
                  Reinhart "still" uses him lol

Comment

Perseus is the 2nd most popular at the moment. Can you guess the most popular?

leroy

Comment

Its paris but i assume its because he has been around longer than perseus and due to the fact that he was also overpowered on release. Everyone saved up the ambrosia to buy him, and everyone still uses him despite the nerfs because its better than default hercules. Also, he has to be used anyway since we can have 3 different heroes maximum because people dont have the ambrosia to buy 3 newer heroes (seriously they are so expensive 192k ambrosia).

Comment

Originally posted by Seaweed
                        Yes i totally wish atalanta would also stun the gods with her basic attack
                        Atalanta is too weak. She only wipes out 4 out of 5 gods in 2 seconds. She should be able to wipe 10 gods in 0.5 seconds. I like your suggestion very much. She shouldnt get distracted by units, then the ability should be reworked to her basic attack, so she always shoots multiple arrows. Change the ability to stunning arrows so when her attack hits a god, the god will be stunned for 5 seconds. This way, when 5 gods drop next to her, she will instantly stun all of them and kill them.

Edit: lol im seriously starting to hate atalanta more than centaurs

Comment

Originally posted by Marshmalo

Atalanta is too weak. She only wipes out 4 out of 5 gods in 2 seconds. She should be able to wipe 10 gods in 0.5 seconds. I like your suggestion very much. She shouldnt get distracted by units, then the ability should be reworked to her basic attack, so she always shoots multiple arrows. Change the ability to stunning arrows so when her attack hits a god, the god will be stunned for 5 seconds. This way, when 5 gods drop next to her, she will instantly stun all of them and kill them.
                          This is a good idea, we will try to fit this into the next release.

leroy

Comment

Not sure if this is intentional by design, but the major problem with Achilles is that he's easily distracted and bypassed altogether. He does fine while fighting with his sword against melee troops, because he can knock one into a group of them and move on, like other melee heros do. The problem is when he faces archers, or skeleton archers, he stands there with his painfully slow attack rate, throwing his spear at them individually. A small tweak to have him only use his spear on gods or charmed buildings, would fix this. Seeing as how hero useage rates are so lopsided in favour of the usual suspects, especially at the top of the leaderboard, I think any suggestions that help other heroes be more viable without breaking them should be considered. This is a small tweak that would make him ever so slightly more useful without turning him into another Perseus.
                            Hi xprs, I wanted to thank you for this suggestion! I think it is a really interesting one and I'll pass it onto the team to see what everyone else thinks.

leroy

Comment

So what would you do to make Adonis more used? (Note we've actually had lots of suggestions for him, some of which we are considering and might make him more useful, but I don't want to taint your thoughts with pre-existing ideas just yet!)

leroy

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎