UW Monuments and Environment Powers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unspeakable1 View Post
    A reflect damage trait would mean less Arty patrons since she'd take herself out if that temple isn't gone. Hermes is fine (mostly... Dash needs some reworking). The UW gods need some love from the devs... Just UW in general. It's just so disappointing in its current iteration. I was really hopeful for it, hence this backlash.

... And really, an arrow tower boost for Hecate? Wtf??? Missed the mark big time.
    No. Nerf Alecto/Hecate map first before asking a buff.

Comment

Originally posted by SeaFoot View Post

No. Nerf Alecto/Hecate map first before asking a buff.
      Last time they added 3 hero to avoid nerfing so I gotta agree

Comment

Originally posted by Seaweed View Post

Last time they added 3 hero to avoid nerfing so I gotta agree
        I mean I'm fine if they'll keep these 2 environments broken, just make it even. Make Apollo environment heal crazier than usual, increase base improvements of Zeus environment, make Ares environment ballistas one shot squishy goddesses like Aphrodite, make Hermes environment give buffs to units to outrun your gods in 2 seconds and so on.

Comment

I'll keep it simple for once:
          I’ll be even simpler. I don’t care about the UW. I sometimes avoid assisting in the UW and don’t upgrade things very often.

Comment

Originally posted by DillyDilly View Post

I’ll be even simpler. I don’t care about the UW. I sometimes avoid assisting in the UW and don’t upgrade things very often.
            Same. Although with me, I just don't like their aesthetics. They're only good for mining gems but aside from that, meh. Not worth giving time to. Maybe if they'll add Thanatos and Hypnos one day, I'll be interested but as of the moment, Underworld is a piece of chore.

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel243 View Post

Same. Although with me, I just don't like their aesthetics. They're only good for mining gems but aside from that, meh. Not worth giving time to. Maybe if they'll add Thanatos and Hypnos one day, I'll be interested but as of the moment, Underworld is a piece of chore.
              It IS a chore right now. Minimal building variety. Minimal troop variety. Folks have one means of making a halfway decent map. Really, the UW rollout has been disappointing in general. Matchmaking at the start was a nightmare, becomes a nightmare again around level 90s when you start to face vastly stronger OL cities with every manner of protection.

They jumped the gun with Hecate. Literally Hypnos or Thanatos would've been better for an arrow tower boost. Just doesn't make sense for Hec.

But we are where we are with it. The alternatives currently are nerf the environment boosts which turns those two maps into a playground like the others, giving no incentive to develop ANY UW base. Or keep em the same for now and hear folks ***** about how OP they are. The UW gods need rebalancing across their level spectrums at some point too, but to do so now would mean everyone will likely net a huge loss in trophies. UW assist powers are a joke. We need new SENSIBLE content for it, and I for one am losing patience. I'm literally trying to be patient with it, but come Devs, hurry the **** up.
              Vi veri universum vivus vici

Comment

The underworld should be a different game entirely.

Comment

And they really need to look at how prices scale. In my Alecto map, I have 8 gardens, 44 fire towers, and 4 gorgons. I can buy a 9th garden for 140mil, but the 10th would cost a little over 1 billion. How does that work?

Comment

I second that!

Comment

And they really need to look at how prices scale. In my Alecto map, I have 8 gardens, 44 fire towers, and 4 gorgons. I can buy a 9th garden for 140mil, but the 10th would cost a little over 1 billion. How does that work?
                      Think it scales kinda like the gorgons

Comment

That's why you don't want Alecto to be nerfed. Lol.

Comment

Honestly, i can switch between multiple gods for environments. Ive unlocked most of them. I dont want them to be nerfed RIGHT NOW because Alecto and Hecate have the only two worthwhile environments to build on. I can stomp through the others with relative ease, those are the only two I have to slow down and take with a bit more caution whether playing with OL or UW deities.

I'm fine with a nerf if there is something to balance out power, something that adds to overall diversity of defenses. Right now, UW is so lacking in content that all a nerf would do is make it even easier to stomp on maps higher in level than my own. I mean, if you wanna give me easier access to resources, fine nerf away.

Besides, my Hecate map has like 50 arrow towers alone. I can always switch to that if you prefer.

Also, I'm sure once Alecto and Hecate have their nerf, cuz that's what usually happens in this neverending cycle of nerfdom, that folks will then start complaining that Tis and Meg have OP bases cuz they're the only viable option after that... Maybe Persephone since the inclusion of villains. It's the range boost that does it, folks just dont want their range stat nerfed when attacking.
                          ​​​​​

Comment

Thats an unreasonable demand tho bro. Even as much as i’d like to see something like a new atlantis world its an impossible demand. I think people are underestimating just how much work goes into COMPLETELY OVERHAULING a game. Making a different game means making a different game. I could demand we have a first person shooter mode to, doesnt mean they can actually make that happens. It seems to take many years to implement new gods, so i doubt we will be seeing an expansion to the olympean pantheon soon. Plus with al the complaining i dont understand why everyones so keen for new temples to have to fight thru. Hard enough with out having to take a Dionysius an Hephastus temple to boot.

Making UW a different game means ultimately a new source code required.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Uncle Oceanus View Post

Thats an unreasonable demand tho bro. Even as much as i’d like to see something like a new atlantis world its an impossible demand. I think people are underestimating just how much work goes into COMPLETELY OVERHAULING a game. Making a different game means making a different game. I could demand we have a first person shooter mode to, doesnt mean they can actually make that happens. It seems to take many years to implement new gods, so i doubt we will be seeing an expansion to the olympean pantheon soon. Plus with al the complaining i dont understand why everyones so keen for new temples to have to fight thru. Hard enough with out having to take a Dionysius an Hephastus temple to boot.

Making UW a different game means ultimately a new source code required.
                              Uw is just so different from Ow. Even when clash of clan made the night time mode, they didnt mix it with the day time map.

Comment

Honestly, i can switch between multiple gods for environments. Ive unlocked most of them. I dont want them to be nerfed RIGHT NOW because Alecto and Hecate have the only two worthwhile environments to build on. I can stomp through the others with relative ease, those are the only two I have to slow down and take with a bit more caution whether playing with OL or UW deities.

I'm fine with a nerf if there is something to balance out power, something that adds to overall diversity of defenses. Right now, UW is so lacking in content that all a nerf would do is make it even easier to stomp on maps higher in level than my own. I mean, if you wanna give me easier access to resources, fine nerf away.

Besides, my Hecate map has like 50 arrow towers alone. I can always switch to that if you prefer.

Also, I'm sure once Alecto and Hecate have their nerf, cuz that's what usually happens in this neverending cycle of nerfdom, that folks will then start complaining that Tis and Meg have OP bases cuz they're the only viable option after that... Maybe Persephone since the inclusion of villains. It's the range boost that does it, folks just dont want their range stat nerfed when attacking.
                                ​​​​​
                                I agree, underworld is largely underpowered. Most of the the demands for a nerf of hecate and alecto seem to indicate they are where they should be: if built properly they ruin most peoples strategies and make everyone cry. Just like the rest of the Olympus environments! See people, a good city SHOULD make you suffer, and that well oiled strategy you’ve worked oh so hard to perfect, and use for every attack, should get completely ruined and force you to adapt.

its very frustrating to have your gods dashed against a city when you feel high level. It makes you feel noob and like the game has cheated you out of something you are entitled to.

which is mainly where i derive my enjoyment of the game, the suffering and frustration of my attackers, and i dont really mind when it happens to me, so they can all get humbled as far as im concerned.

Though the fact that people think only TWO uw maps are viable tells me that no one really bothered to actually TRY with the other environments, because i KNOW there are at least 5 that can be quite deadly. To use the other environmental requires creative thinking, so majority doesnt bother. Everyone just copycats the best players and, well, if they can figured out a strategy with an environment to ripoff, well it must just be a bad one then right?? Most of the so called top players in this game are clearly just imitating the strategies of an even smaller group of skilled players. So i dont really have much sympathy for the pleadings of people who dont truly want to exercise the brainpower.

Comment

Working...
                                X