No announcement yet.

Does Hermes' house boost need a boost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Hermes' house boost need a boost?

First, lemme just say, I'm liking the hermes houses lately.

However, i was noticing the general progression of the houses grants a bonus similar to Zeus numerically. Shouldn't it be closer to Aphrodite houses? Reasons:
    1. Zeus house affects 3 different attributes: health, attack, and range 2. Zeus house affects 2 different things: buildings and troops
    3. Hermes house affects 2 different attributes: health and speed
    4. Hermes house only affects troops
    5. Aphrodite house affect 2 attributes: attack and health
    6. Aphrodite house affect only troops

Now some may say it would give an unfair advantage should the hermes house do more than gain a .4% bonus each house level. I disagree. It balances the POWER of a building mathematically. People will balance the SKILL of placement on their own. Many of the attempts to rebalance it seems, in my opinion anyway (for whatever it's worth), are about balancing skill and not power. Shouldn't it be opposite?

Furthermore, hermes house caps at 12% if my memory serves whereas Zeus caps at 12.5%, thus it's actually less powerful than Zeus house mathematically despite affecting less things and attributes. If memory serves further, even Arty houses and Ares houses are similar numerically. Thoughts?
    Vi veri universum vivus vici

I should add that I don't think Hermes and Aphrodite houses should give the same numeric boost, rather something similar.

Comment

Hmm
      This is interesting
      BUT
      Seeing as I don’t have either of them
      Cant really add to this thread

Comment

I also think they need boost. Plus, maybe then more people would use Hermes environment, it's rare

Comment

i think they should just get rid of hermes health boost and focus on speed, so the percent boost for speed increases

Comment

Originally posted by JKs View Post
            i think they should just get rid of hermes health boost and focus on speed, so the percent boost for speed increases
            I thought that too at first, but then I remembered the hermes daily challenge and how laggy it gets, probably from all the marathoners but my point still stands. Since he's the god of athletics, i can see justification for a health bump. A slight increase, say to .5 or even .8 per level would still convey a rather nice increase to speed as levels progress without necessarily being OP.

Comment

Working...
            X