• Show
Clear All

• Seaweed
    replied
    They should fix some bugs first.

Leave a comment:

• Unspeakable1
    replied
    My other crazy idea would be give each and every building a boost to adjacent buildings since I don't think the Underworld would require houses... Souls aren't exactly residing in mansions in Hades domain after all (lolz)... Really, any update that will ultimately separate the Underworld from being too much like a standard, though vastly underscaled, Olympus match. Possibilities are limitless!

Leave a comment:

• JKs
    replied
    that's an idea

Leave a comment:

• Unspeakable1
    replied
    Howdy folks,

Call me crazy (I am), but perhaps some of the issue with Underworld defense (specifically) is that it is essentially Olympus with darker themes. Don't get me wrong, i can jive with the edgier appeal. But wouldn't it be better if, say, the environment is itself part of the strategy to overcome? Not just the boosts, but literally the environment. Like Phlegethos burns troops, Elysium slows them, etc? Isn't the underworld supposed to be inhospitable to life? Or am I overthinking/ would that even be possible mechanically?

Leave a comment:

• JKs
    replied
    I use Persephone's Grow and Megaera's Drain for my attacks, and I think they are pretty good :P

Leave a comment:

• Seaweed
    replied
    Originally posted by Clytemnestra View Post

I am utterly disgusted that you developers would have the gall - the audacity! the nerve! - to not double the size of the game in one update. And a company? Providing a game for free? Wanting to make money? Clearly this is just another tool of the capitalist conspiracy. We're on to you, you sorry lot of charlatans.

You should be ashamed of yourselves for not wanting to work for free.

I agree with others that Persephone is much too weak in health to last very long. This might not be so terribly bad if her other ability of growth didn't require her to be near the frontlines for it to have any meaningful effect, thus not allowing her to be kept more safely near the back if you intend to use it. Her range is also an issue, being one of the ranged gods with the lowest range, making her an early target. I don't think she needs Megaera-level range, but a bit more than Hades would be nice. In the end, Rebirth always seems to be used to bring her back, as she is often one of the first gods to die. Her growth ability, while it would be an interesting mechanic for anyone else, is simply made ineffective due to the virtually enforced requirement to use her heal in keeping the gods alive.

Megaera is much the same, though her only real problem is Drain. I don't know if it just feels like it isn't doing anything, but there is the distinct sense that nothing meaningfully changes when it is activated as opposed to Poison. With the ranged gods, at least they get the chance to earn some health back if troops and towers can be kept away. But the melee gods have no way to benefit from the power at all, as their range negates any ability to productively regain health from Drain as they become the targets of the towers and troops (though admittedly not the latter if Cerberus uses Howl).

I am certain you all have considered these things in the months or years leading up to the update, but they are just minor things that have caused a minor drop for me in enjoyment of Underworld Attacking.
    I am just disappointed that there isn't alliance war

Leave a comment:

• Clytemnestra
    replied
    Originally posted by leroy View Post

Oh please! This is absolutely ridiculous. The reason we did not release with 10 is because... surprise... 10 gods, 10 temples, 10 environments, 10 everything takes way more time to implement than 7! We've literally been working on this particular release for *years* in the background of other releases to be able to get up to 7. If we waited for 10 gods this release would have been shipped in 2023 or later. We thought it would be better to ship now with gods we had than make the community wait forever for more. If you've been around awhile, you would have noticed our largest past releases have been released based around a *single* new Olympus god. And we shipped 7 in this one. But OK, yeah, it is all because we are greedy and terrible people. And we clearly never listen to users. What are you smoking?

leroy
    I am utterly disgusted that you developers would have the gall - the audacity! the nerve! - to not double the size of the game in one update. And a company? Providing a game for free? Wanting to make money? Clearly this is just another tool of the capitalist conspiracy. We're on to you, you sorry lot of charlatans.

You should be ashamed of yourselves for not wanting to work for free.

I agree with others that Persephone is much too weak in health to last very long. This might not be so terribly bad if her other ability of growth didn't require her to be near the frontlines for it to have any meaningful effect, thus not allowing her to be kept more safely near the back if you intend to use it. Her range is also an issue, being one of the ranged gods with the lowest range, making her an early target. I don't think she needs Megaera-level range, but a bit more than Hades would be nice. In the end, Rebirth always seems to be used to bring her back, as she is often one of the first gods to die. Her growth ability, while it would be an interesting mechanic for anyone else, is simply made ineffective due to the virtually enforced requirement to use her heal in keeping the gods alive.

Megaera is much the same, though her only real problem is Drain. I don't know if it just feels like it isn't doing anything, but there is the distinct sense that nothing meaningfully changes when it is activated as opposed to Poison. With the ranged gods, at least they get the chance to earn some health back if troops and towers can be kept away. But the melee gods have no way to benefit from the power at all, as their range negates any ability to productively regain health from Drain as they become the targets of the towers and troops (though admittedly not the latter if Cerberus uses Howl).

I am certain you all have considered these things in the months or years leading up to the update, but they are just minor things that have caused a minor drop for me in enjoyment of Underworld Attacking.

Leave a comment:

• Destruction
    replied
    Originally posted by leroy View Post

Oh please! This is absolutely ridiculous. The reason we did not release with 10 is because... surprise... 10 gods, 10 temples, 10 environments, 10 everything takes way more time to implement than 7! We've literally been working on this particular release for *years* in the background of other releases to be able to get up to 7. If we waited for 10 gods this release would have been shipped in 2023 or later. We thought it would be better to ship now with gods we had than make the community wait forever for more. If you've been around awhile, you would have noticed our largest past releases have been released based around a *single* new Olympus god. And we shipped 7 in this one. But OK, yeah, it is all because we are greedy and terrible people. And we clearly never listen to users. What are you smoking?

leroy
    OHHHHHH He burned him with some fax! Yeahhhh

Leave a comment:

• War Hammer
    replied
    Originally posted by Reyna View Post

They sound more like demands than suggestions.
    Whatever. I voice what I see when I play.

Leave a comment:

• Reyna
    replied
    Originally posted by War Hammer View Post

It not unrealistic to voice my suggestions to the developers to make the Underworld more enjoyable to play. Adjustments need to be made and I haven’t even given my view on the defense side of Underworld yet. I have been solely focused on attacking.

Chris
    They sound more like demands than suggestions.

Leave a comment:

• leroy
    replied
    Originally posted by Creeps View Post
    We should not even have to be correcting such glaring mistakes in this update? The devs should have already spotted them and gave us something that is viable to compete in the Olympus forum, instead of this...comedy. Giving us only seven gods, knowing we will be hitting ten temple, ten monument, and a hero...this is completely a monetary move. I understand that, but why not just give us ten gods to start begin with, why stop at seven? Now we have to beg for updates again. Honestly, please say there is a short term plan, cuz this is just stupid now, higher levels cannot win in UW with fully stacked OW bases; It’s just impossible. If you make it to the last temple, surprise, time expired, too bad; but I assume the devs know this, hence the subliminal motivating factor to spend money on gem packs to buff your gods. We just have to see it for what it is, a business seeking profits. You can suggest stuff all day, point out how they use beta testers that’s are nothing special at all in the game but utilized for their social presence, or how it cost so much in gems to play now, or so many things. Just always remember not one thing has changed because of our suggestions, us, the players. Make a YT channel, and you might be heard.

leroy

Leave a comment:

• Kane2
    replied
    Got lucky yesterday, only dead bases with no gorgons or single ones‘. Got past 3k offense against Lv 105+ bases.
    Karma decided it was time for me to meet „Gorgon city“. 7 Lv 38 gorgons spread out across the map. Spartans only and of course pink Odysseus.

My Lv 60 health gods under Charon‘s shield lasted about 20 sec befor they died miserably. Manages two out of ten temples. Much fun,much fair.
    Outheal the gorgons damage you say? I would have but Perse decided to die on the spot for whatever reason.

Leave a comment:

• Creeps
    replied
    Also hi Leo, and War, and Kane, and DM, smiley face emoji, cuz we can’t post emojis here. And DM, many thanks, I appreciate you.

Leave a comment:

• Creeps
    replied
    We should not even have to be correcting such glaring mistakes in this update? The devs should have already spotted them and gave us something that is viable to compete in the Olympus forum, instead of this...comedy. Giving us only seven gods, knowing we will be hitting ten temple, ten monument, and a hero...this is completely a monetary move. I understand that, but why not just give us ten gods to start begin with, why stop at seven? Now we have to beg for updates again. Honestly, please say there is a short term plan, cuz this is just stupid now, higher levels cannot win in UW with fully stacked OW bases; It’s just impossible. If you make it to the last temple, surprise, time expired, too bad; but I assume the devs know this, hence the subliminal motivating factor to spend money on gem packs to buff your gods. We just have to see it for what it is, a business seeking profits. You can suggest stuff all day, point out how they use beta testers that’s are nothing special at all in the game but utilized for their social presence, or how it cost so much in gems to play now, or so many things. Just always remember not one thing has changed because of our suggestions, us, the players. Make a YT channel, and you might be heard.

Leave a comment:

• Kane2
    replied
    Even if you win a challenge,that’s just 10k gems. Barely enough for 2 days of farming UW :/

Leave a comment:

Working...
X