Base clear all button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Base clear all button

It seems weird to me that many people have a base that they keep empty so that they can use it to copy/paste over bases to start again.
    I feel like if I buy a new base I should be able to use it to defend rather than have to do this, to spend a decent amount of nectar for an additional base just for it to sit blank doesn't feel right...

But I also think we should encourage modification and experimentation of bases.

I propose that there should be a clear button in the base selector next to the copy and make active buttons, that wipes out the entire base and allows the owner to start from scratch. Also I propose that this would be free.

I suspect that most people wouldn't use gems to wipe large sections of their base because it is so expensive to do so.

I find that when I am base building, I spend small amounts of gems here and there. But when I have an established base that I just add to, I don't spend any gems.
    If we had a clear all option I would spend more time in the first stage of building as I spend more time experimenting and trying different builds.

I would also suggest that if wenhad a clear all option, it would encourage people to experiment more, and try out other builds... some people may feel less inclined to copy bases because it's not so expensive to start again if the build they make isn't very good.
    "Legion of Tartarus". They're so hot right now

2nd the motion!

Comment

If you only have one base and do this, what would be the active base? It's possible, but you would still need at least two bases to do this: one to clear and one to be active. So this would cut the number of base slots needed from three down to two.
      SILENCE IS FOO!

Comment

Originally posted by Fritz View Post
        If you only have one base and do this, what would be the active base? It's possible, but you would still need at least two bases to do this: one to clear and one to be active. So this would cut the number of base slots needed from three down to two.
        You would just get a notification that you get when you try to copy over something... "can't clear active base"

Comment

Originally posted by Madcarrot View Post

You would just get a notification that you get when you try to copy over something... "can't clear active base"
          This doesn't change my point. You still need two bases in order to clear one of them, just as right now you need a third clear base in order to clear one of the other two. This would essentially save you one slot purchase (not two as some people may erroneously think at first glance). Your solution is certainly more elegant and less convoluted than what we have now.
          SILENCE IS FOO!

Comment

Oh yeah I see what you're saying.

It feels wrong to me that I can purchase a base and have to have it sit empty, and it seems to go against the spirit of the game.

But right now without an empty base to copy over it would cost thousands of gems if I wanted to do a full rebuild.

Comment

But the second slot is free. Everyone has at least 2 slots. This can be done for the slot who isn’t active just like you can’t paste in the active slot

Comment

Madcarrot Fritz leo ive already got a similar or a step further post down there......
                Pls check it out im sure youll agree
                ​​​​​​​https://forum.godsofolympus.com/foru...editor-request

Comment

Working...
                X