With the last update I feel you are punishing players in an alliance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With the last update I feel you are punishing players in an alliance

With the last update I feel you are punishing players in an alliance.

Have always been a big fan of God of Olympus. Over time I recruited my sister and niece into the game. I am captain in a very active alliance. However I really dislike last update. With the update I feel you took most of the positves away from being in an alliance. In the past my follow alliance members in battle would chip away at defenses or with a tent lead enemy troops away. With the last update these are things of the past. I understand not till a god is dropped but the god must be on the board is a little excessive.

I was a huge fan of the old awe for Aphrodite. Anyone can just drop troops but awe in the mix made them more cunning and deadly.

I understand some people don’t want to be an alliance but don’t punish people who are.

Hi Pierre, welcome to the forum! No one is being punished for being in an alliance, assistance in battles still plays a huge roll in attacks and in defense giving the player a great advantage over an attack or defense without assistance.

Comment

New update is definitely more fair in terms of assistance. It was very annoying to watch the assisters take temples before the update, and also nobody does corner tenting anymore😀

Comment

Originally posted by CASTIEL View Post
        Hi Pierre, welcome to the forum! No one is being punished for being in an alliance, assistance in battles still plays a huge roll in attacks and in defense giving the player a great advantage over an attack or defense without assistance.
        Firstly, again, I'm a fan of no gods, no assist, but assistance for mono is now irrelevant. If there's lag, which is worse since the update, then assistance can even be a hindrance. I'm still over 4000 attack trophies but it's because I've learnt to solo. I'm watching people +10 levels lower annihilate my base on push, so instead of balance you've just flipped the script and made it possible for push to beat levels far above while curbing mono (which did admittedly need a nerf). Giving us back awe alliance power will even things out a little. Charm is useless.

And restore slow time, for hermes, or give him a health buff to withstand the slow time nerf. Hera, hermes, arty have all been nerfed, but hermes starts with the big boys, he needs to be able to hold his own.

Other than that, love the update.

Comment

I don't quite understand why people are not liking new Aphrodite's alliance power. I prefer it over Awe. But if you could increase the strength of it a little bit, it would be amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Markers View Post
            I don't quite understand why people are not liking new Aphrodite's alliance power. I prefer it over Awe. But if you could increase the strength of it a little bit, it would be amazing.
            Do you use charm instead of zap, or skellies or hoplites? It isn't as effective as the other options thus making it a waste of an assist. With awe, it was also sometimes a waste if not timed right, but when it was timed right, it was better than all other assist options.

Comment

Originally posted by NalzN View Post

Do you use charm instead of zap, or skellies or hoplites? It isn't as effective as the other options thus making it a waste of an assist. With awe, it was also sometimes a waste if not timed right, but when it was timed right, it was better than all other assist options.
              Alright, that's true actually. But like I said, it would be a very interesting assist option only if its strength is more powerful. I like the concept of it.

Comment

But why remove the 'sometimes' best assist option at all?

Even if they did make the charm stronger, nobody can use it while aphro monument is up, none of the other assist options have that drawback.

Comment

Awe can be used while the Aphrodite monument is up.
                  Like most assist powers there are different periods of a battle that it might be more effective, this creates a much more diverse assisting strategy rather than having one type of assist used for the entire battle, which is also a viable method used by many.

Comment

But I think we're all agreed that it should at least be stronger.

Comment

I can say that myself and the alliance I am part of agree with Pierre. No one in my alliance is happy with the update. I know for a fact a few players have stopped playing because of it. I think it could work but needs some more work for sure. Higher level players have to change everything they already worked really hard on and assisting just isn’t fun anymore. Hopefully it gets fixed a bit because it really is a shame.

Comment

Originally posted by CASTIEL View Post
                        Awe can be used while the Aphrodite monument is up.
                        Like most assist powers there are different periods of a battle that it might be more effective, this creates a much more diverse assisting strategy rather than having one type of assist used for the entire battle, which is also a viable method used by many.
                        Yes, the awe alliance power could be used throughout the battle, but the charm assist power can't be used while the monument is up, well it can be, if you don't like who it is you're assisting lol. Question is why change what was working beautifully, for something that is useless?

Comment

*Assist Charm can be used at all times during the battle, like most powers there may be better times to use it adding to a more strategic game experience than just placing one troop type during the entire battle. Changes are certainly open to balance changes.
                          Official update notes-
                          Awe to Charm:

We have retired Aphrodite’s “Awe” Assist Power and replaced it with a “Charm Units” Assist Power. The “Awe” Assist Power was one that never seemed to give us quite the gameplay experience that we hoped. We felt that it was time to try something new with her Assist Power!

Some players have found great uses for assist charm, sorry if you do not feel the same.

Comment

Originally posted by NalzN View Post

Yes, the awe alliance power could be used throughout the battle, but the charm assist power can't be used while the monument is up, well it can be, if you don't like who it is you're assisting lol. Question is why change what was working beautifully, for something that is useless?
                            Actually, we had a lot of user (community) feedback that thought awe was useless and/or didn't understand it. We wouldn't have changed it otherwise. So take it up with your fellow players.

leroy

Comment

Originally posted by leroy View Post

Actually, we had a lot of user (community) feedback that thought awe was useless and/or didn't understand it. We wouldn't have changed it otherwise. So take it up with your fellow players.

leroy
                              Oh, funny, I didn't see a poll or anything about this, so this must be one of those cases where, certain members opinions carry more weight than others.

Comment

Working...
                              X