Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With the last update I feel you are punishing players in an alliance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by NalzN View Post
    Oh, funny, I didn't see a poll or anything about this, so this must be one of those cases where, certain members opinions carry more weight than others.
    Where has there ever been a case that “certain members” opinions carry more weight? The absolute truth is feedback is received from many sources and no decision is made lightly. Large amounts of player feedback, from all available sources is used to shape changes and additions to the game.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by NalzN View Post
      Oh, funny, I didn't see a poll or anything about this, so this must be one of those cases where, certain members opinions carry more weight than others.
      Or not.

      When you get feedback from lots and lots of different players over several years about just 1 particular assist power and no complaints about other assist powers, then the obvious conclusion is that maybe something needs to be changed. Perhaps we could have done something less heavy-handed to make it more appealing or intuitive or whatever, but we decided to try out a charm assist instead. It would be pretty straightforward to change back, but we are going to try this for a bit. If there is a change you don't like it doesn't just make it just some sort of sinister conspiracy.

      leroy

      Comment


      • #18
        So how many players have to tell you charm doesn't work. Are you able to see on the back end how much it's being used?

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by NalzN View Post
          So how many players have to tell you charm doesn't work. Are you able to see on the back end how much it's being used?
          Yes, we can see how much it gets used.

          Awe suffered mostly from complaints like: 'I don't understand it', 'it is frustrating', 'it is not fun', 'it is worthless', and 'what does it even do?'. I'm not going to argue about the validity of any of those complaints, because we all know there are people who just complain about anything and everything. But the fact that we got that feedback at all was certainly indicative that a change was needed. (And I should also mention that the people we got these complaints from were certainly not people that complain about anything and everything. Mostly I'd say they were much more casual players than most the players on this forum.)

          Charm certainly is going to be more understandable to a user. And yes, charm does work, you just don't like it. Or maybe you just loved Awe. Whatever. Assist charm might not be appropriately balanced or strong enough or something like that, but it likely will not suffer from many of those historical complaints against Awe. We can certainly make it stronger as needed.

          As always, however, if we feel like assist charm just isn't working out, there is nothing stopping us from just changing it back to assist awe.

          leroy

          Comment


          • #20
            I am kinda repeating myself, but if the strength of it is stronger, I think it is going to be a very interesting assist power to use. Hopefully we see charm strength change in the next small update along with other tweaks and fixes.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by leroy View Post

              Yes, we can see how much it gets used.

              Awe suffered mostly from complaints like: 'I don't understand it', 'it is frustrating', 'it is not fun', 'it is worthless', and 'what does it even do?'. I'm not going to argue about the validity of any of those complaints, because we all know there are people who just complain about anything and everything. But the fact that we got that feedback at all was certainly indicative that a change was needed. (And I should also mention that the people we got these complaints from were certainly not people that complain about anything and everything. Mostly I'd say they were much more casual players than most the players on this forum.)

              Charm certainly is going to be more understandable to a user. And yes, charm does work, you just don't like it. Or maybe you just loved Awe. Whatever. Assist charm might not be appropriately balanced or strong enough or something like that, but it likely will not suffer from many of those historical complaints against Awe. We can certainly make it stronger as needed.

              As always, however, if we feel like assist charm just isn't working out, there is nothing stopping us from just changing it back to assist awe.

              leroy
              Who might those players be? And there’s no like complaining. It sucks period. It can be buff and be useful I bet. But like charming 0-4 unites compared to spawning a bunch of skeletons, there’s a like clear choice that it shouldn’t be picked. But yeah buff it please.


              na I’m stupid, lol yes on buff. I understand what you mean of complaining. So assist awe too good, I got confused on it. But yeah I like it can charm. It seems more useful to protect a god. As previous was to protect the troops. As it’s point of assisting the gods. But for sure needs a buff.
              Last edited by Adrien; July 9th, 2019, 01:15 PM.

              Comment


              • #22
                Charm is intentionally a weaker choice than skeletons or whatever because when defending, if there are friendly troops near the squishy gods, you can charm them. Since charming troops that are right at Artemis feet is a huge advantage, you only get so many of them.
                Join 'Strength & Honor!' and receive a coupon for one free assist by Fritz! While supplies last.

                Comment


                • #23
                  I agree with Pierre
                  It seems like the last update was for hard core players that don't help others and don't care about getting help they only go after the temples wheres the strategy in that?

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Ramblingbob View Post
                    I agree with Pierre
                    It seems like the last update was for hard core players that don't help others and don't care about getting help they only go after the temples wheres the strategy in that?
                    With all due respect I completely disagree. First off going after temples is how you win so you need to clarify that part for me. Where is the strategy in just sitting there and letting assisters take out temples for you? I play monogod style and I am not a fan of pushing but this is one point I agree with pushers. Allowing drops when gods are not field is not a strategy. With this update there is more strategy for both attackers and assisters. Corner tenting and temple hunting are still possible but you have to be smarter when to do it instead just going to a corner and spamming drops. The attacker can use flags to indicate more where they want their drops. Assisters need to pay attention more to attackers gods health to think what and where their next drop should be. Also the introduction of the patron god was great because it can benefit all play styles depending who you choose. Monogoders lean towards Poseidon and Ares while pushers tend to lean towards Hera, Artemis, and I have even seen them use Hades a bit too. The people who are upset about the updates are the ones who are relied heavily on assisters to do the work for them. As the name indicates assisters are their to assist not win the battle for the attacker.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X