God Auras

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God Auras

Like my previous post about Environment Auras, I think the gods should have auras too. The basic idea would be that each god provides a boost to all other gods on the field of play. The goal would be to encourage different combinations of gods.

Some of the auras are obvious:

Artemis: Range boost
    Athena: Health boost (or more likely damage reduction)
    Ares: Strength boost
    Zeus: Strength, range and health boost
    Hermes: Speed boost
    Apollo: Regen (heal over time)
    Aphrodite: Strength and health boost to friendly troops

Others maybe a little less obvious:
    Hades - Give his resurrection touch to all gods (where enemies he kill are resurrected as skeletons), but only for directly targeted troops. This wouldn't count for AoE attacks like Hawk Storm, Flaming Arrows or Whirlwind attack.
    Poseidon - Either some sort of shield effect which gives them extra health until the shield pops, or perhaps the shield will prevent a single large source of damage. Another idea is Earthquake step where as the gods move around they do small amount AoE damage.
    Hera - Give each god a dying Revenge personalized attack. Examples: Hades - resurrects a couple of Acolyte skeletons, Hermes - Unleashes a small Dash, Artemis - Shoots a handful of arrows, Poseidon - Sets of a mini Earthquake.

The strength of the Aura would grow along with the level of the god.

Some interesting combos:

Ares + Artemis longshot
    Poseidon + Hades resurrect touch
    Athena + Apollo for infinite tanking
    Zeus + Anyone!

soundsdlike another big boost for attackers, I think the balance is fine as is, it already favors the attacker. and would greatly help the pushers.

The original Bandit

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Unicorn View Post
      soundsdlike another big boost for attackers, I think the balance is fine as is, it already favors the attacker. and would greatly help the pushers.

The original Bandit
      Fat Unicorn Agreed, offense is much higher currently than defense. Defense needs a boost first to even things out.

chris

Comment

Imagine that this change comes with an across the board 50% reduction in all other stats. If you think that's too big a drop, then pick the percentage reduction to ensure proper balance. Please consider this suggestion on its merits in isolation not in the context of the current game balance which will always be in flux.

The question is, do you enjoy one god per temple, or would you like to encourage the usage of different combinations of gods?

Comment

Agree with War Hammer and Fat Unicorn. What do you need these offense boosts for? With Hermès and stupid regroup plus stupid AI and corner tenting, you can pretty much beat the strongest of bases.

I’ve seen a level 114 asad beat Reinhart with 9 helpers, corner tenting and all. That shouldn’t happen.

Game needs balance first. It’s too lopsided right now, leaning towards offense.

Leave it as it is. We need new structures tbh, new defense towers. They release a new god with nothing to protect us against it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kitten View Post
            Agree with War Hammer and Fat Unicorn. What do you need these offense boosts for? With Hermès and stupid regroup plus stupid AI and corner tenting, you can pretty much beat the strongest of bases.

I’ve seen a level 114 asad beat Reinhart with 9 helpers, corner tenting and all. That shouldn’t happen.

Game needs balance first. It’s too lopsided right now, leaning towards offense.

Leave it as it is. We need new structures tbh, new defense towers. They release a new god with nothing to protect us against it.
            Well said. We definitely need something to help with regroup. I think this is the main problem. These people should not be able to beat those top player's bases. Either give us something to defend against it or tone it down or both lol
            See you on the FlipSide

Comment

Originally posted by Claquesous View Post
              Imagine that this change comes with an across the board 50% reduction in all other stats. If you think that's too big a drop, then pick the percentage reduction to ensure proper balance. Please consider this suggestion on its merits in isolation not in the context of the current game balance which will always be in flux.

The question is, do you enjoy one god per temple, or would you like to encourage the usage of different combinations of gods?
              Yes I do like to burst. And then after the initial burst take down one temple per god. You have to be skilled to do it by how you choose your path. The bigger question is why do you get to dictate how I battle. By initiating this change you would basically say there is only one true way to battle. Can you say PUSH

Comment

Working...
              X