Level of opponents in the Battle tab

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Level of opponents in the Battle tab

It would be great if we could see the opponents's trophy count in the battles which show up for assisting in the Battle tab.

Often there are battles going on and starting simultaneously, and that information could allow us to better choose which one to join.

I'd rather assist someone who is taking on a higher leveled opponent than the contrary, I mean...
    Come join 'Strength & Honor!' - We have cookies.

Agree. Particularly the offensive trophy of attacker and defensive trophy of defender.

Comment

Originally posted by Noknoknok View Post
      Agree. Particularly the offensive trophy of attacker and defensive trophy of defender.
      hmmm... on second tought... maybe the LEVEL of both attacker and defender would suffice - and would eventually better serve the purpose. From there, would could guess more or less the trophy count match.

In terms of clarity, it would permit a more immediate evaluation of what is going on...

Comment

Example:

Tarzan (82) is attacking Jane (91)
        Stanley (90) is attacking Kubrick (85)
        Nicholson (60) is being attacked by Pacino (58)
        Denzel (80) is being attacked by Forrest (85)

(note: didn't represent here the current number of assisters)

Comment

I would also like to see the status of the member, in a big alliance is harder to remember all the members status.

probation
          captain
          general
          A fun,active alliance Genesis 😊 Try us out

Comment

Originally posted by Warlord View Post
            Example:

(note: didn't represent here the current number of assisters)
            That would be useful data. That way you could better know who really needs help and who doesnt
            New Turkish Delight Era. New friends...New start

Comment

Originally posted by Warlord View Post
              Example:

Good idea! I have to agree with Noknoknok and add the trophy count since the level of a player doesn't always specify how difficult a battle is.
              See you on the FlipSide

Comment

This may sound strange coming from me, since I proposed the idea the first place, but actually I am going to argue against both the following:

Originally posted by Sweetmai
                I would also like to see the status of the member, in a big alliance is harder to remember all the members status.
                probation
                captain
                general
                and the following:

Originally posted by Flip
                I have to agree with Noknoknok and add the trophy count since the level of a player doesn't always specify how difficult a battle is.
                On the grounds that:

1 - it would provide too much information to display in a tiny amount of space (just imagine all the numbers and figures it would take to show the required);
                2 - It would provide redundant information that, unless properly and carefully analyzed, would probably work against the purpose of the suggestion, given that the player has to make a decision in a small period of time, and that the amount of numbers and figures would now be immense: number of assisters, level of players, status of alliance players AND attack and defense trophy count - the latter depending on the nature/direction of the attack;
                3 - it would not make a significant difference (probably the other way round, actually) if the level of both players is already showing.

Basically, I think that too much information would not be a good thing in the given circumstances, as it would confuse, instead of simply removing some of the randomness out of a decision.

Comment

Now I think again, trophy won't be much help since unless it is a revenge, there will be always 50 or 300 difference of trophy between attacker and defender, it is not going to do much.
                  Showing level maybe more helpful here but actually it's also not representing the relative difficulty. Like me always having battle against lv9x players while other at my level may be battling against lv8x. That relate to how good a player is at his own level. Even I am battling against lv9x, I may not need help as much as others since that base doesn't get to my trophy limit (when I lost 1 or 2 games before) while others do battling against lv8x since they have been making victory sequentially.

Showing level at this stage may be better but are still not the true indication how hard the game is for the player.

I dont think the developer will ever do this, the other way is to imply the relation to highest recorded trophy. Either grading by colour or number, like my best record is beating 2400 defensive trophy base, 2390+ will be one group, 2370-2390 will be second group, 2350-2370, 2300-2350. 2300- will be last group. This will exclude what happen in revenge game, because usually you can beat higher. By this five grading, allies knowing the game relatively to your limit will learn the necessity of assistance or not.
                  And then in defensive game just categorized from the offender viewpoint so the defense side know what is the ally's base defensive trophy compare to the offender's limit.

Otherwise, simply put the accumulated win of attacker since his last defeat. If he just gets defeated then the count will be 0, and this game is quite likely less challenging for him, thus less offensive assisters are needed but vice versa for the defensive side.
                  On the other hand, showing count of victory of defensive battle is less reliable, I wasn't attacked by same person (farming) but once I got 14 defeats in a row and then 10 victory in a row, that's 100 defensive trophy fluctuations.

Still, showing level is reasonable enough.

Especially from an alliance view, some uncertainty encourages members to help everyone. If you are so sure your ally will win the game then probably one won't be so motivated to engage. So is the case of showing member status (general, captain, citizen, probation). But that can forge an alliance culture. If we can select what to show on battle tab that further make an alliance unique and a reason to choose over other alliances.
                  Last edited by Noknoknok; November 14th, 2018, 06:01 AM.

Comment

Good idea, i think it will be helpful

Comment

Working...
                    X