AI Behaviour

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AI Behaviour

This game has been out over 2 years and I can't understand why the developers still keeping this idiotic AI in the game.
    The AI did nothing like they are to protect the temples. These troops are still running the most basic coding command to take out anything no matter how far they are and what threat they cause.
    They once change the AI preference focus gods over troops, speaking in real sense, because gods are more threatening than troops nearby, but why not more? More like the guardians of a temple in city will do.

In my other posts I suggest some specific behaviour I would like to see, probably too dull to discuss.
    However, I don't understand what the fun to make a victory by fooling the dumbest ever AI.

By my suggestion, the AI will ignore gods and troops standing so far away. They will gather around the last few temple to fulfil their responsibility.

Even not corner-tenting or trawling far far away anymore, there are still possible tactic to distract these troops.
    More specific, I can say one can have some time out once they step out the defence line, giving them time to pick up the formation to march in. Offensive troops will have more chance to take out spawner once the defensive AI gathering around the temple.
    It's not all beneficial to the defence side.

And after all, I would even suggest to allow the base owner pre-command the troops to stand-by at some critical buildings. This will be other strategy part other than designing the base and real time assisting for the defending aspect.

There have been complaints about this. Funny thing is a few updates ago the Al behavior was supposedly fixed. Then there were complaints that the Al behavior was too strong people so people cant circle around the base etc so we are back to where we started
    New Turkish Delight Era. New friends...New start

Comment

What is that version's content that stop people from circling? I read those ancient posts and only know they changed once so defensive troops won't get all distracted by offensive troops, and that happen before I joined the game. And that I don't exactly know what happen after or did they switch back as you mean?. The current AI just won't have that distraction scene if both gods and troops on the field.

If by my suggestion, people can still circle but have to walk close to the city itself (non-decorative structure). And they can lose all the troops by walking far way from the city.

Comment

Agree very much with noknoknok regarding AI.

The tent in the corner is almost like the carrot on a fish-pole in front of a mule. In this case, dozens of mules marching towards the carrot...

Sure, send some troops to take down the tent, but maybe a 10% party of the ones available.

And this..

And after all, I would even suggest to allow the base owner pre-command the troops to stand-by at some critical buildings. This will be other strategy part other than designing the base and real time assisting for the defending aspect.
        ... is a excellent idea.
        Come join 'Strength & Honor!' - We have cookies.

Comment

Yeah I miss skeletons being unconcerned about troops and running through the troop wall at the gods, toss on a awe and they melted the gods before they could target them, especially when running around trying to circle the bases. It got changed pretty quick. It seems that they have a small ring around the temples so barrack troops will attack them if they are near a temple, and ignore anything outside it in favor of attacking the gods.

With the tent thing, I used to be able to toss a tent or two in far corners away from the gods marching (on offense) and it would draw off the far barrack troops fully if the gods were being overwhelmed (aphro charm/spreads hot/fireballs not being enough to handle the crowd) to help them move through the base easier, they changed the A.I. so that they ignored them, which was u derstamdable, but it was too much because the troops would not care if ppl picked apart the back of the base (because ignore and go to gods thing), so they seemed to have found a little balance.

It would be fun to play w being able to pool troops in spots.
          Last edited by Hanimmal; October 30th, 2018, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Noknoknok View Post

This mechanism could work like follows:

1. Every barracks, archery and troop spawning monument would show an additional icon when tapped.
            2. This icon would be very similar to the one which exists on Poseidon's houses, in the way that would allow us to pick a building to protect, only instead of placing a dome on that building, it would tell the troops to protect it.
            3. Troops spawned by this particular barracks, archery or monument would then guard the selected structure during battle.
            4. Guarding that structure means they would remain close to that structure, engage in combat and follow any invasive force within a certain radius/perimeter around that structure only when that space was trespassed, and they would back off whenever the invasive force drove away - out of the perimeter.
            5. In default mode/no structure selected, troops would protect the nearest temple.
            6. If the selected defended structure should fall during battle, troops would proceed to protect the nearest temple

Something like this.

It would change dramatically the dinamics of battles...
            Last edited by Warlord; October 30th, 2018, 06:52 PM.

Comment

What is that version's content that stop people from circling? I read those ancient posts and only know they changed once so defensive troops won't get all distracted by offensive troops, and that happen before I joined the game. And that I don't exactly know what happen after or did they switch back as you mean?. The current AI just won't have that distraction scene if both gods and troops on the field.

If by my suggestion, people can still circle but have to walk close to the city itself (non-decorative structure). And they can lose all the troops by walking far way from the city.
              I forgot already. Was a while back. But your suggestion is a good one ..

Comment

At my current level, a LOT of the bases I attack are very similar in layout and defense. Follow the pattern that works for your offensive strategy, yawn, repeat. This idea would give a base that looked similar a completely different game-play experience. I love the idea.

If troops are assigned to specific temples, this may eliminate the initial swarm that occurs at the beginning of battles and replace it with a bunch of smaller swarms as gods travel into range of protected structures. Powers like hawk storm may become a bit less useful for crowd control.

Originally posted by Warlord View Post
                6. If the selected defended structure should fall during battle, troops would proceed to protect the nearest temple
                There definitely needs to be a fallback if a spawner is standing but their assigned structure is gone. Warlord's suggestion makes sense or just have the poor orphaned troops chase gods to give their lives meaning again. In either case, assists may be forced to help in close range of the gods rather than focusing on taking out any outlying temples. Also a plus in my book.

Comment

I am really interested on how the developers think about the AI system Jay leroy
                  Is it because it will be so complicated or simply are happy with the current state? Will you let us know more, please?
                  Last edited by Noknoknok; November 3rd, 2018, 08:24 AM.

Comment

leroy Jay The AI is definitely dumb. It should only be 10-15% of the troops will be able respond to that 1 corner tent. Building a strong base like mine is worthless and that’s why I stopped spending money in this game until they fix it. Defense is pointless when a level 112 or 114 with 3-6 helpers can beat a level 145 base like mine. Enough said.

Comment

Improving the AI behaviour is part of the maturity of game. From other posts developers said they see many cases the change cause more problems than staying away from it. Please at least give it a try. Though in that risk, should put it rather at the end of the to-do list but I still wish to see its upgrade one day if not the solution right now for corner tenting exploitation.

Comment

I have to agree with the points made above. The Al behavior is part of why defenses fail. It doesnt make sense that someone who is 10 or 20 levels lower than you can beat your base. A few levels difference is reasonable. But it doesnt make sense that ie a lvl 90 could beat a lvl 110 or a lvl 120 relatively easy. Its happening too much lately. Realistically the lvl 110/120 base should win vs a lvl 90 or lvl 100 player just by the lvl difference/base strength. Or is assisting becoming too powerful to the point defs fail?
                        Last edited by AjLitaFanGirl; December 11th, 2018, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Here are some more detail suggestion (all the distance state here is just for example) :

The distribution of troops when there are no gods or enemy troop on the battle field:
                          1. They will patrol within a radius of their spawner, say 500, or stand right next to them like every game begin.
                          2. When the gods and enemy troop on battlefield are all killed, they will run with their maximum speed to position as stated in 1.
                          3. When there are certain amount of temple destroyed, they will patrol around temple instead of their spawner. For base with 3 temples or lower, they patrol around the last 1. For base with 4 to 6 temples, they patrol around the last 2. For base with 7 to 8 temples, they patrol around the last 3.

Response of troops to enemy when there are gods on the battle field:
                          1. Target the gods who stand within any temple by 1000 in priority.
                          2. Chase the targeted gods for at least 10 seconds even they step out the distance immediately.
                          3. When all gods are 2000 far from any temples, troops will take 4-6 after 10 seconds.
                          4. Follow 3, only troops 1500 within the gods will chase after the gods.
                          5. Follow 3, troops 1500 away from the gods will stand by at the temples.
                          6. Follow 3, the activity range for monument troop will be their spawner activating range plus 1000.
                          7. Troops will go after attacker's troop (include assistance) who is within 1000 to any non decorative building.

Response of troops to enemy where there are no gods on the battle field:
                          1. When offensive troop is 2000 far from any temples, defensive troop within 1000 will go after the enemy troop.
                          2. When offensive troop is 2000 within a temple or multiple temple, defensive troop within 2000 will go after the enemy troop.
                          This was old thing I post in another threads.

I only have very little knowledge on programming, all I know is IF...A, then B ...OR C... .So feel free to correct me.
                          Using this kind of rules will it make AI better in respond to gods and troops?
                          Or AI we looking for should be far more subtle and complex than these?

Comment

Hey, Nok.

I was looking for those suggestions the other day and couldn't find them. Good thing you re-posted them here! I like your concepts.

This is an excellent starting point for a debate on AI improvement. Lots of ideas (and ideas that make sense) and not the limited short-sighted conversation about corner-tenting or no corner-tenting (or no assists while no gods dropped).

Debate should start here.

I recall: DUMB AI is the issue where everybody seems to be in total agreement.

Comment

Thanks Warlord

I will correct the second part.

Response of troops to enemy when there are gods on the battle field:
                              1. Target the gods who stand within any temple by 1000 in priority.
                              2. Chase the targeted gods for at least 10 seconds even they step out the distance immediately.
                              3. When all gods are 2000 far from any temples, troops will take 4-6 "for the following" 10 seconds, after the duration troops retreat to city edge facing gods within 500 to non-decorative building.
                              4. Follow 3, only troops 1500 within the gods will chase after the gods.
                              5. Follow 3, troops 1500 away from the gods will stand by at the temples.
                              6. Follow 3, the activity range for monument troop will be their spawner activating range plus 1000.
                              7. Troops will go after attacker's troop (include assistance) who is within 1000 to any non decorative building.

Making the troops still tail the gods for some extra time when they step out the city zone (like 2000), then they will retreat and wait for the enemy to move. However, spawners still keep spawning whenever enemy around.

Comment

Working...
                              X