Banning or blocking players from your alliance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banning or blocking players from your alliance

Having a few issues with players joining my clan, flaming, trolling etc. Whenever I kick them they can simply re-join, I think introducing a ban or block list would be beneficial.

What's everyone's thoughts?

Sorry if this has already been suggested..

Cheers

Maybe it could be a good idea, but think what happens if a general just simply put everyone on the alliance in that list (he betray them). What will happen then?
    🔥CRATUS🔥
    ➡️ Number 1 Alliance Defending Bases ⬅️

Comment

And adittionaly do you remember the names of the people that is joining and rejoining your alliance?
      🔥CRATUS🔥

Comment

I'm sorry to hear about the bad behavior from some of these players! We know that stinks and want to help prevent it.

Let me float an idea we've been considering. You and anyone interested can let me know what you think.

We've been thinking about making a player wait 24 hours to rejoin once they are kicked. Hopefully that in itself would cut way down on this kind of behavior, and we could see whether more complex banning was necessary.

Now, we would only do this once we add a confirmation to the Kick option in alliances. Currently there is no confirmation, so there are a lot of accidental kicks, so the 24-hour ban would be too harsh until we fix that. IMO.

What do you all think?

Comment

HaZe & Grace are their in game names, just low level no names.

Jay, I think that a 24 hour ban from re-joining that clan would be a great temporary fix. Perhaps there could be a ban option in addition to the kick option (avail to leaders & generals). This would be to avoid accidentally kicked players not being able to re-join.

Edit: @ Jimmy perhaps this ban option should be available to only leaders.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
            I'm sorry to hear about the bad behavior from some of these players! We know that stinks and want to help prevent it.

Let me float an idea we've been considering. You and anyone interested can let me know what you think.

We've been thinking about making a player wait 24 hours to rejoin once they are kicked. Hopefully that in itself would cut way down on this kind of behavior, and we could see whether more complex banning was necessary.

Now, we would only do this once we add a confirmation to the Kick option in alliances. Currently there is no confirmation, so there are a lot of accidental kicks, so the 24-hour ban would be too harsh until we fix that. IMO.

What do you all think?
            I think this is a good idea, you could also maybe make them increase over time, for example if someone joins, acts rude and gets kicked, then joins again after 24hrs and gets kicked again make the timer 48 hours or in some way increasing with each time they get kicked because it's still annoying to have someone join every day and be annoying

Comment

Originally posted by alex-jl View Post
              HaZe & Grace are their in game names, just low level no names.

Jay, I think that a 24 hour ban from re-joining that clan would be a great temporary fix. Perhaps there could be a ban option in addition to the kick option (avail to leaders & generals). This would be to avoid accidentally kicked players not being able to re-join.

Edit: @ Jimmy perhaps this ban option should be available to only leaders.
              I agree, a ban option that's only available to the leader would also be a good addition and would solve many issues

Comment

Yeah now its more clear for me.
                And dangerouss stop joining Rising Gods and advertising about Rising Gods, thats disgusting, i will have to ban you with the powers i have got. (Jk 😍😘)
                🔥CRATUS🔥

Comment

Good idea Jay, Would that include an option to report on a player for foul language or behavior ? .. Similar to what clash does .. You could probably limit the number of complaints a person can file per day or month to prevent abuse. For example, some idiot joined our alliance today. flamed and left and there Was nothing we could do, short of making it invite only.

Comment

I hope i am not the idiot you are talking about.... lol
                    🔥CRATUS🔥

Comment

I was wondering how to unblock someone? Yesteray i accidentally kicked my sister from the alliance and she tried to join back in today but it said she was blocked from the alliance. Does anyone know how to unblock?

Comment

Originally posted by ineedanotherusername View Post
                        I was wondering how to unblock someone? Yesteray i accidentally kicked my sister from the alliance and she tried to join back in today but it said she was blocked from the alliance. Does anyone know how to unblock?
                        A kicked player can rejoin after 24 hours

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post

A kicked player can rejoin after 24 hours
                          Ok, thanks for your help

Comment

I do still wish they had a A button where a player would have to asked to be permitted in and a general leader or Captain would be able to approve them this would also cut down on those players that keep re-joining just to advertise a different alliance or to rub it in that they have won against a different player
                            A fun,active alliance Genesis 😊 Try us out

Comment

Why not when you join an alliance, you can't speak until you have an assist. Or 5 assists or 10 or whatever is deemed appropriate. Spammers and sore losers will probably not want to waste time joining an alliance and helping a battle or two before they can spam. When someone tries to speak, a gentle message saying "you must assist before you can be heard" or something like that. Of course, someone can join an alliance when there are no battles going on and not have a chance to assist, but if a non-spammer joined a dead alliance or an alliance during a lull in activity, they likely won't stay there anyway. Just an idle idea since, of course, my optimal solution is a ban list for each alliance stored on the server (but it doesn't seem Aegis has much interest in doing it).

Heck, could even automate the banning/silencing of players. A button to report them when you click on their name. Abuse would be impossible since reporting via this method would send the offending text directly to Aegis. Could even have a script to check for things like "join," "my alliance," etc... to make Aegis job nearly automated. As it is, the reporting mechanism not only takes too long to type all the pertinent info, Aegis has to deal with he said/she said and takes no action until someone is reported many times (and who reports it anymore? I know I've given up on bothering).
                              Join 'Strength & Honor!' and receive a coupon for one free assist by Fritz! While supplies last.

Comment

Working...
                              X