Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestions on order of unlocking Gods in Underworld.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions on order of unlocking Gods in Underworld.

Thoughts and ideas of an effective order of unlocking Gods in Underworld

My current thoughts :

Hades
    Alecto
    Persephone
    Tisiphone
    Megaera
    Cerberus
    Charon

Any other ideas ?
    Game Over

I agree with this order. Right now I have 5 out of the 7 unlocked and I literally got them in this order lol. I almost took Charon over Megaera. Charon has good crowd control, the strongest underworld god as of now, and has the second most health out of the underworld gods. His ultimate ability is official great as well. Ultimately though it seems like Charon is not that great without some kind of support around him to help capitalize on his crowd control, that’s why I took Megaera over him. I think she’s highly underrated and her second special is great for crowd control as well. She also is the strongest ranged god in the game I believe (based on her strength stat). Her first special and her ultimate all are great for support (drain) and crowd control as well (Plague). Charon is still great and I probably would have been fine if I would have gotten him over Megaera for my 5th but Megaera just seemed like a better fit for my other gods than Charon. I’m finding the main problem with the underworld gods right now is the fact that they don’t really have any explosive gods to just take control of a attack (Hera, Poseidon, Ares). Alecto is the only one that has really a explosive presence (with her ultimate and second ability) but it’s lackluster when you compare it to Poseidon’s tidal wave or Kraken. The underworld gods however have amazing crowd control effects and support. But if one of your underworld gods falls early in your attack you are basically done for. Persephone and Hades are key for supporting your attacking gods. Megaera being ranged can stand next to the both of them kind of doing two things at once (attacking whatever you are going for and keeping Persephone and Hades alive as well with her specials). Charon really can’t do both things at once like that, he’s just the tank god of the underworld but is a lesser version of Athena in my opinion. Him and Cerbus fall into that same category in the fact that they’re both good but not for the beginning I think. I feel like they will be most useful when you have the other gods that can take advantage of what they can do best. And as long as you get Persephone early, you shouldn’t have a need for them I believe until you get to your 6 or 7 god unlock. This is just my opinions though

Comment

Listen, all I can say is that Cerebus should likely be one of the last, if not the last god you unlock. I agree with you greatly on that. Charon also seems to be a later stage god as well, troop control isn't that important for most of the game till you hit the higher levels.

Comment

I would say the order should be:

Hades
        Persephone
        Megaera
        Tisiphone
        Charon
        Alecto
        Cerberus

I agree that these gods are mostly good for crowd control and a slower push, and that is why the gods you pick should be structured for that. Hades is first, obviously, and his skeletons are decent. There isn't much to say here, since you don't really have a choice here. Bonus for his Requiem, though.

Then pick Persephone, whose healing is essential for anyone (I believe the squishy-ness of these gods was made with her power in mind). Her strength boost is decent, but healing is often the only way to keep your gods alive. Investing in Grow is a waste of silver that could be spent on increasing her healing.

For the third, perhaps controversially, I say Megaera, the breakout star of this update. Her Drain is lacklustre, but her Poison and range combined with her strength are simply to die for . . . and the troops certainly do. With her field effect taking out most troops and gods focusing on towers, she is vital to success. If you have a tower causing you trouble, her range often lets her take it down without a single scratch on her.

Building on the concept of keeping yourself alive, Tisiphone is next. Her dagger ability isn't great, but her area freezing ability is divine. To be able to go in quickly, take out a few towers, and then retreat is a godsend. Stopping a cyclops or Apollo tower from taking out your entire skeleton army in one blow is truly wonderful. If you want to avoid the nastiest towers and monuments, and you do, she is another great tool. The greatest drawback is her health, but as long as you manage her carefully and keep her back, she should be fine.

Then I say Charon. Not only does he make for effective crowd control, being able to summon shades or cause insanity, but he is tough. At this stage you have a lot of gods, but none that can really take a hit, so you need someone like him to soak it up. Combined with his useful if not spectacular powers, he is the obvious choice.

Now . . . Alecto. I know you all love her. Her ultimate is great, yes. She is a great attacker, yes. But she doesn't synergise well with the other gods. I said it. She is objectively a very good god, but in the context of making a team that can build on each others strengths, she just doesn't fit well yet. Still, she is good for a good smash, especially if you send her in during a Tisiphone freeze so she doesn't get hurt too quickly. This is one goddess where I could understand getting her earlier, but I still rank her lower as a team player.

Cerberus is next, perhaps obviously. He can be used effectively (I have seen absolutely brilliant strategies using him and is Howl to lure all of the troops into a single spot and then using Hades' Requiem to convert the entire base), but he just doesn't work as well as any of the others, nor is he such a powerful standout like Alecto that he could rank higher and beat her out. He is not essential to most players unless you have a very specific strategy that requires him.

Comment

Originally posted by knats14 View Post
          I agree with this order. Right now I have 5 out of the 7 unlocked and I literally got them in this order lol. I almost took Charon over Megaera. Charon has good crowd control, the strongest underworld god as of now, and has the second most health out of the underworld gods. His ultimate ability is official great as well. Ultimately though it seems like Charon is not that great without some kind of support around him to help capitalize on his crowd control, that’s why I took Megaera over him. I think she’s highly underrated and her second special is great for crowd control as well. She also is the strongest ranged god in the game I believe (based on her strength stat). Her first special and her ultimate all are great for support (drain) and crowd control as well (Plague). Charon is still great and I probably would have been fine if I would have gotten him over Megaera for my 5th but Megaera just seemed like a better fit for my other gods than Charon. I’m finding the main problem with the underworld gods right now is the fact that they don’t really have any explosive gods to just take control of a attack (Hera, Poseidon, Ares). Alecto is the only one that has really a explosive presence (with her ultimate and second ability) but it’s lackluster when you compare it to Poseidon’s tidal wave or Kraken. The underworld gods however have amazing crowd control effects and support. But if one of your underworld gods falls early in your attack you are basically done for. Persephone and Hades are key for supporting your attacking gods. Megaera being ranged can stand next to the both of them kind of doing two things at once (attacking whatever you are going for and keeping Persephone and Hades alive as well with her specials). Charon really can’t do both things at once like that, he’s just the tank god of the underworld but is a lesser version of Athena in my opinion. Him and Cerbus fall into that same category in the fact that they’re both good but not for the beginning I think. I feel like they will be most useful when you have the other gods that can take advantage of what they can do best. And as long as you get Persephone early, you shouldn’t have a need for them I believe until you get to your 6 or 7 god unlock. This is just my opinions though
          Like Artemis, Aphrodite and Hermes in the regular game. I got Cerberus second, and it was a horrible choice. Really not that good at the lower levels.

Comment

Originally posted by SirZeldasu View Post

Like Artemis, Aphrodite and Hermes in the regular game. I got Cerberus second, and it was a horrible choice. Really not that good at the lower levels.
            That dog is good

Comment

Originally posted by SirZeldasu View Post

Dog is good for starting out any form of solid strategy in Underworld I think.

Comment

Originally posted by JKs View Post

Dog is good for starting out any form of solid strategy in Underworld I think.
                Maybe I'm just bad lol

Comment

no no just don't use dog in slow push, that's what i'm saying :P at least i think dog is better use for setting up the strategy like making hole at the center or drawing troops in for effective requiem

Comment

Working...
                  X