Hermes Regroup Ability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hermes Regroup Ability

Hi guys, I'm lvl 47, saving for my next god which will unlock at Lvl 50, and after giving it some thought I should be getting Hermes. I am curious as to why other players find Regroup useful. I know it can mean that you can crush the enemy troops when the gods come down again, but other than that I don't know what's so good about it. I have heard that it can change a player's attack style, but how? My style of attacking is to drop most of the gods I have, if not all, into the city(usually it's all). Then I will just find the shortest possible route to take down all the temples. I think it's called Burst, I don't use slow push. At the end of the battle, usually most of the defence is still there. So how do players find Regroup so useful? Is it because I'm at a lower level that I don't know why Regroup is so useful? Please share your opinion of why Regroup is so useful if you have Regroup.

Basically when you run out of steam on your burst it allows you to bail out and save everyone rather than the sometimes desperate struggle for the last couple. Pull back and reset to pick the remnants apart with mono or slow push afterwards

Comment

So you mean when I'm getting killed on my burst I can bring the gods back to Olympus and pick off the last few temples? I don't have to leave it messed up and allow the gods to get killed while trying to attack the last few temples? By the way, I'm not very familiar with the terms yet. What is mono? One more thing, for some of the ultimate powers, like Zeus' slow time, is the time still counting while the gods are back at Olympus? And if Hermes is using Dash and brings the gods back to Olympus, what will happen if I bring him back down?

Comment

So Regroup could potentially help you secure that victory? Like you're about to get defeated and then you Regroup and put the gods in a few groups and take down the remaining temples with each team and get victory but your gods are all about to die?

Comment

Yes it allows you to escape, regroup, change out gods if you have more than 5 left, and generally stop and think through some next moves. Some powers continue while regrouped, slow for instance, while others clocks freeze, inspiration for example. It also pushes the regular powers reset timers forward somewhat

Comment

Oh, wow. I didn't know Regroup was that good. I was planning on getting Zeus' slow time for 4m after I got Hermes. But now instead I think I'll get Hermes with his Regroup, and then Slow time if I have enough before upgrading the other god powers and then saving up for Hades.

Comment

Fairness compels me to admit that until recently I ran Hermès as my patron, and may be biased towards him...I developed a style all my own of slasher/hit-n-run tactics (because I never got the timing of slowpush). I have been working with burst regroup mono god lately, but personally as someone who has been playing intensely for 3 years, Hermès brought the fun back for me when I was starting to get bored in the 80’s levels. My hit-n-run style had me within about 200 trophies of the top hundred list at level 112. I dropped deliberately to farm recently, but I’ll be back up soon.

Comment

What is a slasher/hit-n-run tactic and what do you mean by you never got the timing of slow push? What is mono and what do you mean by you dropped deliberately to farm? A load of questions from a level 47 to a level 112, huh?

Comment

True...117 right now lol. Slasher/hit=n=run was the style I created. Slowpush has variations, but it means moving forward behind a tank, usually Hera, and pushing slowly across a base destroying almost everything. Mono god refers to assigning 1 god to a temple across the map, each god responsible for destroying that temple. At high levels both of these last 2 styles are basically used after a burst. And I deliberately lost until I was down about 500 trophies. I have a lot of gems, and am using them to run many attacks to level faster; it goes quicker if you “trophy drop” and run against easier opponents. It’s what a lot of the huge players have done, I’m working on joining their ranks so to speak.
                  Last edited by Hossenpheffer; June 24, 2020, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Actually regrouping is for all those who attack large cities. When you get to 65/70 you will start to see it, not even speak at level 98.

His power is good, but keep in mind that Hermes is not in good health.

Comment

yeah he makes wet toilet paper look strong

Comment

Working...
                      X