Adonis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adonis

I was just wondering has anybody tried Adonis as a hero or does anybody use him regularly?

I am interested in knowing what your thoughts are on him, he could potentially be quite good at negating assisting units, but my initial thoughts were that since only one god spawns charmable units he might be quite limited in his use, and since Oddesyus has more health, damage, range, and speed he would be a better option.

Without trying him I can't truly get a feel for his value though.

I know when I attack a Hera base I tend to try to let minions do the majority of the damage, so he could be useful in slowing that process down. Does anyone have any good arguments for the usage of Adonis?
    "Legion of Tartarus". They're so hot right now

IMO, if Adonis could somehow negate SKELETONS or skeletons AND regular units, he would probably be worth looking into. As it is, I think skeletons are definitely a much bigger problems to defenses than regular units are.

Comment

That's true but I don't know if it would make sense from a flavour perspective.

Adonis is this really handsome person who even Aphrodite fell in love with and Ares became jealous of. Getting rid or skeletons wouldn't really make sense.

Maybe having something similar to awe could be a better ability for Adonis, it would make him immune to damage or untargetable for a few seconds. That could make him incredibly frustrating to go against

Comment

Or ability to slow down all the troops/gods in the area would be somewhat logical as well. Adonis is so handsome that enemies become hesitant over attacking or something like that. If slowing down gods is too much, at least the troops. If Adonis is so underpowered in relative to other heroes, this could be the option.

Comment

personally feel adonis is far weaker than the others. at low levels he may be very effective, but anywhere above 60 i cant see using him. hoplites and archers are rarely used, except in the case of tents

Comment

Well.. Don't really have to start a thread in my name even if you like me sooo much..

Comment

Originally posted by Sauron View Post
              Well.. Don't really have to start a thread in my name even if you like me sooo much..
              Well if you are comparing yourself to Adonis, we are talking about how he is the weakest of the heroes

Comment

Originally posted by Sauron View Post
                A wild boar gave him a header in his groin, and the boar's tusk got in too deep, and Adonis bled to death, and turned into lettuce (which the greeks said causes impotence in those who eat it)...
                So good luck my Adonis
                Madcarrot i think this is a better storet rather can calling him weakest of the heroes

Comment

I had him for a bit. Probably not long enough to be statistically significant. However when I watched the replays it was hard to see the charm effect happening and his damage output was pretty low. Based on Leo's posts on here I switched to Hercules and threw a couple gold houses around the academy (a few Hermes houses as well to try and speed him up...that doesn't seem to work as well though).

I don't think they come close in comparison. Hercules is a monster right now, especially with a boost.

Comment

Originally posted by Goob View Post
                    I had him for a bit. Probably not long enough to be statistically significant. However when I watched the replays it was hard to see the charm effect happening and his damage output was pretty low. Based on Leo's posts on here I switched to Hercules and threw a couple gold houses around the academy (a few Hermes houses as well to try and speed him up...that doesn't seem to work as well though).

I don't think they come close in comparison. Hercules is a monster right now, especially with a boost.
                    I'll reach level 99 with this weekend's event and then I get Hermes. I am so keen for him Hercules is a beast but he is so slow and I can't speed him up he does a reasonable amount of damage but between being slow and getting stuck on minions he often doesn't catch up to the gods.

I think I saw that they were going to do some bug fixes for Adonis so hopefully he will be better

Comment

Working...
                    X