Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attacking: Trophies and Difficulty

Hi!
    I made this thread to discuss with anyone strategies and opinions on attacking in this game relative to offensive trophies, level, stats, etc.
    Some things to keep in mind are:

A) I would like for things to be general, so try not to make any claims or arguments under the basis that it depends on... something (ofc the exception to this is trophy: level ratio, unlocked abilities, statistics like that).
    B) Label any advice based on a trophy range, a level range, and other useful information
    C) Ask questions! Questions are great, and other people are probably asking the same questions.

I would like for this to be open, but to start off I have a few questions anyone can answer:
    1) Starting out, which difficulty (EZ, ME, or H) should a person go for
    2) At what point will it be necessary to drop trophies?
    3) In general, what difficulty should a person be attacking? (Essentially #1 but without the starting out a bit)

These are just questions I came up with based on my experience, feel free to start out completely different, thx ahead of time.

Doesn’t matter which one you chose, the game will be balanced according to your skills.. let’s say the bases you can attack is around 3k def. if you choose easy you will get the 3k def bases when you hit 3300 off cups. So your cups will stay around that. If you choose normal your cups might be between 2900~3100L and hard they might stay around 2700~2900. So it’s entirely up to you, you want to have more cups or u want to take a lot from people when you attack?

IMO it’s never necessary to drop. It’s a waste of gems, just go playing, everyone loses and win, it’s ok. But if u want to drop cups to get easier bases then go for it, be happy

Comment

Personally, I found Normal to work well until you get to a certain point (by working well, I mean you win nearly all of them). The bases get harder at a similar rate as your god strengths go up at this early stage. Eventually, the gold flow slows and the difficulty outstrips the amount you can spend on gods. When this happens will vary for everyone depending on skill level. Some may be in the 50s, some in the 80s. At this point, you'll win about half of your Normals. This is when it's time for a good test. Do a few Easys and note the loot on the wins. Do a few Normals and not the loot in a win and the loot in a loss and take the average. Depending on your level, you can find that losing Normals makes you as much or even more than winning an Easy. Or you may find the difference when you win an Easy vs a Normal, is nearly the same, so might as well go to Easy and win full loot more often.

Comment

You make a good point (thx for the response btw). However, as you probably know, higher difficulty bases generally reward more loot but not are necessarily harder because it depends on your skills as you said. Knowing this, would you agree that if a person wanted to get better at attacking and increase available lootable resources that they should attack hard difficulty bases?

Edit: Fritz I think I ignored your message when posting this because we both posted at the same time. I did see it afterward though and I ask if you ever considered noting the loot in hard difficulty and by how much the loot increased?
        Last edited by VagueText; January 28, 2020, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by VagueText View Post
          You make a good point (thx for the response btw). However, as you probably know, higher difficulty bases generally reward more loot but not are necessarily harder because it depends on your skills as you said. Knowing this, would you agree that if a person wanted to get better at attacking and increase available lootable resources that they should attack hard difficulty bases?

Edit: Fritz I think I ignored your message when posting this because we both posted at the same time. I did see it afterward though and I ask if you ever considered noting the loot in hard difficulty and by how much the loot increased?
          As I said. If you are skilled enough you will soon get higher bases on easy. Soon it can be everyone 10+ levels higher than you and you get them on easy.. it goes more like a personal preference to take a lot of cups from people or not

Comment

Originally posted by VagueText View Post
            I did long ago and always found the tiny increase in loot on hard isn't worth the huge risk of losing and not getting the full loot. I know some have a pile of help and decide to do a hard one since it might then be winnable, but when the trophies go up quickly, they get real tough again just as quickly. So after a couple of hards, the chance of losing your next solo even on easy is increased.

Comment

Do you guys know how available ambrosia is calculated? Will a difficult opponent on easy give the same amount as an easy opponent on hard? (Change in subject yea, but the other topic was pretty much resolved).

Comment

Working...
              X