Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have advice on leading an Alliance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have advice on leading an Alliance?

I just created an alliance and i have a few co-leaders that are good tempered. Thats a poor discription. In truth they are my rock!! But, with 100 ppl in the clan i would like to have captains in charge of monitoring chat. (for bullying or inappropriate behavior) This isnt an issue in my alliance, but in the age of the troll i would be a fool to assume it will never happen. My problem is, i dont want to promote willy nilly. I want promotions to mean something, maybe even give a competitive edge to keep folks engaged when new hires are needed.. Im focused on assist. I made a rule that if a player hasnt helped in assist for 7 days they will be kicked. So i was thinking promotion on assist points?!? But idk.

Honestly i find myself in over my head with 100 ppl so quick.
    I have looked everywhere for a guide on alliance and promotion. Maybe some of you folks can share how you premote, demote and kick? How you run your alliance? And how you respond to ppl asking for promotions. Lol. Does that ever work? It must because alot ask.

I do realize that whatever i decide has to be fair. When kids that just joined (usually 2 days in clan "can u promote me", like "do you see 99 players were here b4 u?" 😐Lol) When i tell them that we are trying to figure out a fair process they are cool with that.

Thats another thing, its not uncommon to realize im talking to 12 yr old. (😲gasp) And i think to myself i would kick my childs butt..... than remind myself go through her electronics, and just keep engaging her in the internet do's and dont's dialog. With those thoughts i feel personally responsible for the kids in my alliance and realize how important it really is to have ppl monitoring that chat.

So as you can see, ive been thinking about alot. And hopefully worried far more than need be. And i just need some decent suggestions. "Qualified promotions" if there could be such a thing.
    Last edited by RiotGirl; April 19, 2017, 04:56 AM. Reason: Too much to read, had to cut out alot of bs.
    Leader of Greek Legion
    RiotGirl

Hi Riotgirl,

I'm Miss Ashlee, I co leader Dominant Few which is roughly a three day old newbie alliance (but up and coming) 😚

I have played this game for I little over a year now and have been in my fair share of alliances... most being in the top 20
    I would suggest posting your alliance rules in the announcement section of your chat, clearly stating the assist requirements for promotion/s..
    for example
    10,000 assist for captain
    100,000 assist for general
    if they know what the requirements are it may stop them from asking all the time.
    A way of monitoring the chat would be to put an age limit on your alliance description (18+ Adults Only) ect
    i do realise it's a hard job to monitor it 24/7 and no body will hold it against you if a curse word slips out every now and then because I'm sure you won't be the first one they hear it from.

I wish you goodluck in your alliance, happy raids.

😋

Dominant Few.. ✌🏻

Comment

Originally posted by RiotGirl View Post
      I just created an alliance and i have a few co-leaders that are good tempered. Thats a poor discription. In truth they are my rock!! But, with 100 ppl in the clan i would like to have captains in charge of monitoring chat. (for bullying or inappropriate behavior) This isnt an issue in my alliance, but in the age of the troll i would be a fool to assume it will never happen. My problem is, i dont want to promote willy nilly. I want promotions to mean something, maybe even give a competitive edge to keep folks engaged when new hires are needed.. Im focused on assist. I made a rule that if a player hasnt helped in assist for 7 days they will be kicked. So i was thinking promotion on assist points?!? But idk.

Honestly i find myself in over my head with 100 ppl so quick.
      I have looked everywhere for a guide on alliance and promotion. Maybe some of you folks can share how you premote, demote and kick? How you run your alliance? And how you respond to ppl asking for promotions. Lol. Does that ever work? It must because alot ask.

I do realize that whatever i decide has to be fair. When kids that just joined (usually 2 days in clan "can u promote me", like "do you see 99 players were here b4 u?" 😐Lol) When i tell them that we are trying to figure out a fair process they are cool with that.

Thats another thing, its not uncommon to realize im talking to 12 yr old. (😲gasp) And i think to myself i would kick my childs butt..... than remind myself go through her electronics, and just keep engaging her in the internet do's and dont's dialog. With those thoughts i feel personally responsible for the kids in my alliance and realize how important it really is to have ppl monitoring that chat.

So as you can see, ive been thinking about alot. And hopefully worried far more than need be. And i just need some decent suggestions. "Qualified promotions" if there could be such a thing.
      Just give a required Donation and who ever donates the amount you want promote them

Comment

Originally posted by Hercules View Post

Just give a required Donation and who ever donates the amount you want promote them
        Also having kids over an adult alliance is pretty hard , Sometimes i wanna let out a BAD word but tgen i see a little 9 year old . But whicj reminds me im 13 hahaha so my alliance is basically a jiss alliance

Comment

I agree you should have a donation requirement . did not earn my first officers position till i had 15000 assists and Generals position till i had 50,000 but those requirements might be a little high. using officers chat you can talk to your most trusted about who is best suited for promotion. We use line app but i dont suggest having a chat room if you have kids in your alliance. If they are impatient about promotion they also will be the ones that are quickest to lose interest and stop playing. Good luck Riot girl and congrats on reaching 100 members

Heathens . we will purge you and no not in that way

Comment

Good luck riotgirl & iacobus, feel free to stop in to legion of Tartarus if u want any help & congrats cheers 👻
            Damn, LEGION OF TARTARUS is SPOOKIN!

Comment

My opinion is anyone who shows a strong commitment to the alliance by assisting a lot and participating in chat should be a captain.

Anyone who is actively and effectively leading rotations (or queues) should be a general.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your input. I think the most effective way to go about first promotion would be a set # of assist. Earning a General possition will reqire a bit more... Assist points would be a reason i look at them for general but how long they have been in allance and how willing they are to answer in game questions, would be part of the critera... also how my Generals feel about the person to become general. I think 10,000 for captin is a good #. It seems high. But like i said, promotions cant be givin' will nilly.

Thanks again guys.
                Leader of Greek Legion
                RiotGirl

Comment

Originally posted by RiotGirl View Post
                  Thanks everyone for your input. I think the most effective way to go about first promotion would be a set # of assist. Earning a General possition will reqire a bit more... Assist points would be a reason i look at them for general but how long they have been in allance and how willing they are to answer in game questions, would be part of the critera... also how my Generals feel about the person to become general. I think 10,000 for captin is a good #. It seems high. But like i said, promotions cant be givin' will nilly.

Thanks again guys.

10,000 ! Wow ! Hallelujah !!!!!! That's a lot sis . Remember to don't be to harsh on them and to be Fair .

Comment

10,000 is a fine amount for a captain

Dominant Few.. ✌🏻

Comment

I am a leader in an alliance also so what I do for demotions is what i call the probation point system. basically you get two warnings for breaking a rule before you get a "point" then if they get 5 points in one week they get demoted.The points reset every week. Also i conduct surveys with citizens and ask what they think about the rules, if they have any ideas, ect. This helps the people within your alliance be happy about how it is run. Sometimes if there are enough officers then i have a meeting and we talk about any changes or ideas we have for the alliance. Basically i try and have the members of the alliance shape the rules and how it is run instead of just you making the decisions. I hope this helps you!

Comment

Assists are the best indicator of commitment while not being a good indicator of leadership.

ive been in a few alliances where captains and generals weren't fit for the post and caused members to leave.

Quantifying requirements is great, but you need to qualify the requirements as well , so as to keep the alliance harmonious .

Comment

On my team I think our requirements for advancement are fairly low, but are solely based upon assists.

Captain- 2,000
                          General- 4,000 or 1000 X the first digit of their level, whichever is greater.

Our officers have the right to call an officer vote if they have an idea for a rule change, or other concern that needs an answer. We then set a time period during which the vote will be open. The votes are to questions with a yes or no outcome and the outcome with the most votes goes into effect once it has been communicated to the membership. As the leader I have the right to veto a vote if I feel that the potential outcome would ultimately be detrimental to the team as a whole. This has worked out pretty well for us over the past few years.

As for demotions/kicks it is based on activity&rank (exceptions of course made for instances of personal attacks, and other inexcusable actions).

Citizens- 5/10
                          Captains- 10/15
                          Generals- 15/20
                          where x/y is the number of days without an assist before probation/number of days before removal.

As for attacks & defenses, we require our members to assist any ongoing attack or defense before beginning their own attack. This is one rule that is enforceable with removal (rather than probation first) if they have been warned previously and continue to attack out of turn.

I hope that this helps someone at some point, I know I could have used some pointers when I was thrust into leadership.
                          Alliance- Heroes of Olympus 2.0!

Comment

Originally posted by Fanusen View Post
                            On my team I think our requirements for advancement are fairly low, but are solely based upon assists.

Captain- 2,000
                            General- 4,000 or 1000 X the first digit of their level, whichever is greater.

Our officers have the right to call an officer vote if they have an idea for a rule change, or other concern that needs an answer. We then set a time period during which the vote will be open. The votes are to questions with a yes or no outcome and the outcome with the most votes goes into effect once it has been communicated to the membership. As the leader I have the right to veto a vote if I feel that the potential outcome would ultimately be detrimental to the team as a whole. This has worked out pretty well for us over the past few years.

As for demotions/kicks it is based on activity&rank (exceptions of course made for instances of personal attacks, and other inexcusable actions).

Citizens- 5/10
                            Captains- 10/15
                            Generals- 15/20
                            where x/y is the number of days without an assist before probation/number of days before removal.

As for attacks & defenses, we require our members to assist any ongoing attack or defense before beginning their own attack. This is one rule that is enforceable with removal (rather than probation first) if they have been warned previously and continue to attack out of turn.

I hope that this helps someone at some point, I know I could have used some pointers when I was thrust into leadership.
                            Just in time advice..

Comment

Originally posted by Sauron View Post

Just in time advice..

Yeah, immediately after I posted I realized that I may have been a tad bit late on it 😂
                              Alliance- Heroes of Olympus 2.0!

Comment

Working...
                              X