New deities for the underworld

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leo View Post

well we got hecate who technically isnt a goddess, shes a titan so why not nyx?
    What are Titans except elder gods? They weren't "Olympians" but neither were the Underworld or other chthonic gods.

Underworld needs reanimate bonus somewhere from some building. And one that heals... So lacking
    Vi veri universum vivus vici

Comment

Originally posted by Unspeakable1 View Post

Underworld needs reanimate bonus somewhere from some building. And one that heals... So lacking
      Hopefully you can sympathize the confusion with feedback when you claim
      “I'm not bashing UW persay, just that it's olympus with darker thematics. Had it been something like an arena challenge where you face another player's gods, or literally any other concept than rehashing olympus”
      then your next post directly states a need for 2 Olympian features not currently in the Underworld.
      The Underworld has lots of room to grow, and add new features, but it is directly designed to be different from Olympus in a way that can create new gameplay both on offense and defense. One example is the Citadel, if placed strategically it can easy determine a battle because it is not only an additional target that must be destroyed, but it must be destroyed last, and placement can really determine the route of an attack.

Comment

Originally posted by CASTIEL View Post

Hopefully you can sympathize the confusion with feedback when you claim
        “I'm not bashing UW persay, just that it's olympus with darker thematics. Had it been something like an arena challenge where you face another player's gods, or literally any other concept than rehashing olympus”
        then your next post directly states a need for 2 Olympian features not currently in the Underworld.
        The Underworld has lots of room to grow, and add new features, but it is directly designed to be different from Olympus in a way that can create new gameplay both on offense and defense. One example is the Citadel, if placed strategically it can easy determine a battle because it is not only an additional target that must be destroyed, but it must be destroyed last, and placement can really determine the route of an attack.
        Still not a bash! Just an area where it can improve in an area where it IS lacking. Where better to offer things than in new god concepts. Now if you're suggesting that a lack of two Olympian features and one underworld specific feature has somehow revolutionized the Underworld/GoO experience, you're sorely mistaken. You could literally add a healing bonus to any building outside of a house and it would be an Underworld specific feature. Healing itself isn't specific to Olympus since Persephone heals quite nicely. Buildings healing is. Furthermore, thematically speaking, it's the Underworld... Reanimate kind of fits! Now yeah, the citadel does make things trickier, but it's still the same concept of destroying a base against another player who may or may not be online at the time. Sorry if you're confused. Believe it or not, i want to see Underworld get better and people enjoy it more.

Way to pull a quote from a different thread here, btw. I need to learn to do that on mobile.

Comment

Not claiming it to be a bash, just saying that feedback claiming a feature is a rehash and then stating that it needs the same features as the previously “rehashed” feature is, well, canceling the first negative feedback. Is there room for growth? Yes, I have no problem stating this, actually this is maybe...probably.,,.definitely by design. A new feature that can grow and change with the community over time, giving the ability to add new content and additional features for our amazing community as they grow and develop completely new gameplay is intentional 🙂

Comment

Now, following the Citadel train of logic, had you had to destroy all statues in a specific order to win (in say, twice the time) and finish with the citadel, then yes, id say it was revolutionary. Otherwise, you're still rehashing olympus with simply less defensive capabilities.

Comment

Again, to give more ideas, you could add a life syphon bonus to a building to heal adjacent buildings by damage done, applying an absorb health effect to buildings which Olympus doesnt have. Still would heal your buildings and be specific to Underworld at the same time. The world is literally your oyster, the possibilities are endless.

Comment

Originally posted by Unspeakable1 View Post
                Now, following the Citadel train of logic, had you had to destroy all statues in a specific order to win (in say, twice the time) and finish with the citadel, then yes, id say it was revolutionary. Otherwise, you're still rehashing olympus with simply less defensive capabilities.
                You are welcome to your opinion. Adding in an additional Victory target, requiring said target to be destroyed after the other targets, giving different environmental boost incentives tying them to buildings specifically, rather than citywide boosts...is very different than the Olympian design. Adding a building that spawns units randomly across the map, and a building that allows troops to transport across the map completely changes troop movement as well. An Olympian rehash is a pretty harsh claim, but you are welcome to feel as you feel.
                The possibilities are endless 🙂

Comment

Originally posted by CASTIEL View Post

You are welcome to your opinion. Adding in an additional Victory target, requiring said target to be destroyed after the other targets, giving different environmental boost incentives tying them to buildings specifically, rather than citywide boosts...is very different than the Olympian design. Adding a building that spawns units randomly across the map, and a building that allows troops to transport across the map completely changes troop movement as well. An Olympian rehash is a pretty harsh claim, but you are welcome to feel as you feel.
                  The possibilities are endless 🙂
                  Im gonna throw this out there, and sorry if you think it's harsh, but portals suck. First, you need two to make them work, second, my defense cups went up with them gone. They deliver troops faster between two points which gives UW Hades a larger army faster. I have no suggestions to improve them though since I don't use them.

As for shades/crypts or whatever, i have every intention of getting rid of those buildings once my map increases in size. They are only good as obstacles. Shades move too slowly to be effective and are still subject to Hades. Randomly spawning a troop somewhere on the map with low speed isn't an asset. Quite the opposite.

Now yes, the map bonus works differently and is a point in your favor. I enjoy burning things down with alecto and am alightly nervous when facing Hecate cities.

Comment

Working...
                  X