New deities for the underworld

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New deities for the underworld

Hi everyone, I'm a new member of the community, but I have been playing the game for more than three years.

I have read, since I joined the game (I have just signed up to the community to be able to talk to you about any thoughts that came to my mind) numerous proposals and some of these, really well structured, I have seen them with the necessary changes in the game itself. Sometimes not everything that was proposed was always feasible and with the staff behind them trying to make suggestions or to modify everything in an appropriate way, we arrived at the current game with everything that excites us about the game itself.
    I apologize for my elementary English and I hope I can explain myself better.

I believe that, in the light of the new world, the underground one, many have thought of, why not, also deepen the third aspect of the divine triad formed by Zeus, Hades and Poseidon, that is, an underwater world. I believe that this idea will have to wait a long time and it would be nice to see it developed with the couple Poseidon and Amphitrite and their children, Triton, Cimopoleia, the goddess of storms at sea, and Bentescima, the goddess of waves.

Before seeing this world, I had a little idea of increasing the number of gods in the underworld.
    The assets are missing two places not yet shown which are the river "Lethe" (the river of oblivion capable of drowsing the mind and making those who drank its waters lose their memory) and the "Meadow of the Asphodels", a place where sojourned the souls of those who were neither virtuous nor wicked.
    I thought of associating these two places with twin gods who reenter the underworld and are the god of sleep, Hypnos, and the god of death, Thanatos, both sons of the goddess of the night, Nyx.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	tumblr_o86htj4s7r1ruaetso1_1280.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	296.5 KB
ID:	48816

Hypnos

Name:	images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnHJcUm-sOgc89tToRbqFIBWrPqO6qRSoLOZwHeHBLyTTfSaFLISd8rhhhB4bFHcGMaqk&usqp=CAU.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	48817

Hypnos would look like a young boy, with a naked torso and white kilt that leaves his legs free with red poppy wreaths to act as his belt and necklace. He would have white wings that come out of his back (like angels) or, in some versions, on his head like a small crown of red poppies with two small white wings on the sides.
    His skin would be a pale color with silver hair and black eyes. He would present, in his hand, a poppy flower, his symbol of him that he could throw as a weapon if we consider him a ranged attack deity. He would walk slow compared to the other gods having a sleepy appearance and could drag his feet without sandals or, I don't know if it is feasible graphically, he could float like Hades, but in a lying position as if he were sleeping.

Base Health and Strength: I don't know. I defer to you.

Attack speed and speed: If you consider it with wings like the three Furies, it could have the same characteristics, more or less, that is, attack speed equal to 0.8 seconds and a movement speed of 19 (it is still the god of sleep and moves lightly and in slow motion).

Environment: River Lethe, the river of oblivion, and could increase the attack speed of buildings and troops as a result of its soporific action on enemies or, by the action of the poppy, it could give allied troops more agility. The icon of the environment could be that of a source, the river itself, while the appearance of the game environment could have a river of light blue color almost white with the fog surrounding the base of the same color but of a hue darker.
    Alternatively he could upgrade the towers of the Gorgons (no gods upgrade them for now) as, like the dreams and nightmares of Hypnos, they block both the troops and the gods. I guess it is impossible, however, given the power of the Gorgon towers.

Range: I would not do it very wide, so a little less than Megera, but bigger than Hades, that is 500.

Statue: similar to the statue of Persephone, but with poppy flowers along the stairways and around the base and columns. The color would be white, but if you use poppy as an element it could turn red. Or you could insert white feathers around the base and column almost to form a cloud that would represent the world of dreams.

Basic Attack: Throw poppy flowers that hit the target

First power: Poppy petals
    Hypnos creates a tornado of poppy petals around itself that strikes enemy troops, putting them to sleep (and damaging them in case that possibility could be contemplated). The strength of the tornado could start at 400 with an increase of 10 for each level. The area could start from 800 and increase it by 15 or 20 with each level increase. The duration could start from 6 seconds and increase it by 0.1 seconds to level with 15 second cooldown.

Second power: The waters of the Lethe River
    The waters of the Lethe River make you forget by putting your mind to sleep and Hypnos could use them to hypnotize and make all enemies hit in its range sleepwalk. These, under the influence of the god, would attack their city without being attacked by the defenses of the city itself (which still recognizes them as allies, such as the power of Aphrodite which for a certain period prevents the defenses of the city from attacking the enchanted structure. ). After this period of time, which increases with the increase in power, the troops return to defend the city. You could start with a minimum of 3 seconds to get to increase it by 0.1 seconds per level increase with a maximum of 10 seconds for a 20-second reload, given the action of the skill.

Third power: Daydreaming
    Hypnos causes enemy troops to daydream by slowing down their movements and I was thinking of reviving Zeus's third ability as there is nothing in the underworld to date that slows down the troops.
    It could be made even or slightly stronger as it is a soporific action.

Alliance help: Hypnosis. Could be a miniature second power making a small number of opposing troops sleepwalk for 3 seconds with slow reload

Thanatos

Name:	thanatos-myth-joaquin-abella.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	48818

Name:	d170fa407b9544e582e59d7ccd8efaf4.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	48819

Thanatos, would have an opposite aspect to his twin, that is, a young boy with a fierce and emotionless face. He would have a long black suit and black night wings coming out of his back.
    His skin would be a darker color than that of his twin with black hair and silver eyes (in some sources he has his eyes closed). He would present, in his hand, a scythe (or a white metal sword), his symbol of him that he could use as a direct melee weapon.
    Another symbol of him is the torch, but being in the hands of Hecate, it would not be appropriate to place it in the hands of Thanatos as well.
    Movement would be faster than Hypnos, but not as fast as Hecate. He could fly with wings or make him walk. Unlike his brother, he would have an upright posture and sandals on his feet.

Basic Health and Strength: I don't know, maybe identical to the twin?

Attack speed and speed: The scythe (or sword) should slow down Charon's stick-like movement, so I would say 1.1 seconds (with a sword I would do it 0.8 seconds, an average between Aletto and Tisifone) while the speed of movement I would do it 21.

Environment: the Meadow of the Asphodels and could expand the range of action of buildings and troops by 0.4% with each increase in the level of the statue. Alternatively, it could upgrade ballistae with 100% health, strength and range. The environment icon could be that of an asphodel garden, while the game environment appearance could have a lawn-like appearance with a dark blue cloud surrounding everything else.

Statue: similar to that of his brother only that instead of poppies or white feathers, he would have black feathers, the symbol of all the souls that the god has collected. The color could be black or dark blue. Another symbol of the god are the butterflies which in Greek mythology and iconography indicate the souls of the dead. You could insert butterflies that revolve around the statue or placed all around.

Basic Attack: He attacks opponents with his scythe (or sword).

First power: Deadly scythe (or sword)
    Thanatos strikes enemies and structures with his scythe (or sword). The strength would increase by 120% at the first level and at each level it would increase by 1. At the second level the increase would be 121%, at the third level 122% and so on (Aletto and Tisifone start at 150%) while the surface damage it would start at a base 25 (Aletto and Tisifone start at 15 and 20) and would increase by 10 at each level. The duration would start at 9 seconds with an increment of 0.1 second at each level. The area and the recharge would remain fixed, i.e. 300 area and 20 seconds of recharge, respectively. Graphically it would be nice if the enemy troops were made to disappear in the form of butterflies.

Second power: Fear of death
    Thanatos enchants enemy units (and towers if not too much) by inducing fear of death in their hearts by blocking all movement for 10 seconds. At the end of the duration, the enemy troops (and towers) will resume normal action without taking any damage.
    At each level, the Power of action increases by 20% at the first increase and in subsequent ones by (% of the previous increase - 0.28). That is, at the second level, the increase will be 19.72%, at the third level 19.44% and so on until reaching an increase of 0.4% at the maximum level (level 70).
    The Action Area increases by 15 up to level 20, by 20 from level 21 to level 40, by 25 from level 41 to level 60 and by 30 from level 61 onwards.
    The reload duration will be 20 seconds given the action of the skill and the 10-second block will remain unchanged.
    Unlike the freeze of Tysiphon which acts where we want to "block" and damage the affected areas, the power of Thanatos will stop the troops in the area around the god and not where we want.

Third Power: Thanatos' Gaze
    Thanatos is the twin of Hypnos, if the god of sleep slows down the speed of all the troops, Thanatos would act on the structures stopping the production troops (including Spartans and tombs) and tower action for a base period of 10 seconds and increasing by 0.4 seconds with each level up.
    Or when Thanatos opens his eyes turning his gaze to the victim, his soul flies straight into the kingdom of Hades in the form of a butterfly. I was thinking of something similar to the flock of Artemis only that instead of the hawks, here there would be butterflies.

Alliance help: Could be a miniature third power. Block troop production or action of selected towers. Only one target can be selected. Charging would be slow.

I hope you like ideas.

Lovely idea

Comment

Originally posted by Seaweed View Post
      Lovely idea

Thanks above all for reading and, I apologize again for the English perhaps not very understandable. Do you think they can be feasible?

Comment

Originally posted by Relio View Post

Thanks above all for reading and, I apologize again for the English perhaps not very understandable. Do you think they can be feasible?
        Think they can add it to the game. Its super detailed and write in a way that is easy to read. The gods are all pretty balanced in my opinion.

Comment

nyx and thanatos would be a great addition to underworld.

i just hope the next god added to underworld has a power to go against gorgon towers.. its very hard to fight some bases that has a lot of them

Comment

Originally posted by leo View Post
            nyx and thanatos would be a great addition to underworld.

i just hope the next god added to underworld has a power to go against gorgon towers.. its very hard to fight some bases that has a lot of them
            Nyx I thought of her as an ancestral deity, like Gaia or Uranus, but a nocturnal setting would not be bad

Comment

Nyx I thought of her as an ancestral deity, like Gaia or Uranus, but a nocturnal setting would not be bad
              well we got hecate who technically isnt a goddess, shes a titan so why not nyx?

Comment

Oh I'd love Nyx

Comment

Originally posted by leo View Post

well we got hecate who technically isnt a goddess, shes a titan so why not nyx?

I have no problem seeing Nyx in play.

In Hesiod's Theogony Hecate is considered the daughter of Zeus and Asteria (sister of Leto, mother of Apollo and Artemis had by Zeus himself).
                  Perhaps they relied on this source and being the daughter of Zeus she is seen as a goddess and not a Titan.
                  The fact is that if they inserted Nyx I would have nothing against it.

Comment

The fact is that if they inserted Nyx I would have nothing against it.
                    What d'you mean "have nothing against it"?

Comment

Originally posted by Orion View Post

What d'you mean "have nothing against it"?

Which would be very interesting and could open up new scenarios. I would like.

I apologize if I expressed myself wrong.

Comment

Which would be very interesting and could open up new scenarios. I would like.

I apologize if I expressed myself wrong.
                        Oh right, no need to apologize, I simply didn't understand

Comment

I think it was Fields of Asphodel, not Meadows?

Comment

It's the same thing

Comment

Originally posted by Athene View Post
                              I think it was Fields of Asphodel, not Meadows?

I honestly can't tell you. I found "meadow" and not "field", but I think the use of one or the other term is indifferent.

Comment

Working...
                              X