New gods/goddesses suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New gods/goddesses suggestions

I have an idea for demeter. demeter should be melee, but with a little range like hera. ability two, should be that she hides in the grass and becomes invisible for a duration. ability one, she summons some nature spirits to fight for her. Ultimate power, should be that she summons her two dragons to fight for her. attack rate should be .5 seconds, and damage from 70-2,500. health should be from 5,000-80,000. health and damage balance short range, and quick attacks and powerful abilities. for temple, it makes any two buildings invisible. houses, makes one of the bordering buildings invisible, or itself. speed should be 21. for appearance, I don't know, but her weapon should be a scythe. monument, summons nature spirits, 10 every 20 seconds. The dragons' health and damage should be 3/4 of cerberus's. environment should be called Fields. That is my idea for demeter.

I will copy over my comments based on this post you made in my own Demeter thread for those who only see this one.

You bring up interesting concepts, but I do have a few thoughts.

1. For the ability two of invisibility, I do worry that it would not fit Demeter as a goddess of agriculture. Also, it just seems to be a reproduction of Aphrodite's Awe Ultimate Ability.

2. For the first ability, how powerful would you make the spirits? Would it be a few powerful or many weak? Would they spawn randomly like Hades or in formation like Athena? Would they be ranged or melee? Please provide some sort of idea as to what you mean by this and the sort of spawning you are talking about so we can imagine the sort of balance here.

3. For her Ultimate Ability of two dragons, I do appreciate the inclusion of mythological elements into that use of her powers. However, this also just seems to be a reproduction of another ability, creating two Cerberus' with Hades' Ultimate Ability. How would you differentiate these two?

4. For the temple and invisibility, I don't see how that would work. Would an attacker not notice the gap left where the temple would be? I do think that would be an interesting concept for her, though, if it were made to fit more closely to who she is as a goddess.

So far this seems to be a sort of Aphrodite/Hades mix of attributes, with troop spawning, the ability to not be targeted by defences, and unleashing AI controlled powerful, single-use minions to soak up damage on the battlefield.

Comment

good point

hmm lets see... so the first ability, summons satyrs with clubs. melee range, health starting 250-2,000, and damage 50-400. spawns 8-30 at each corner of base. for invisibility, if used effectively, would be a bit confusing, and second ability, yes, it is like a copy of awe, but, well, lets just say that she also heals a little bi per second (from 10-100 health per second while effective, and time for it is from 5 seconds to 15 seconds, and recharge is 25 seconds.

oh yeah and if they add this, they should also make another ring of expansions available. Otherwise, no space.

Comment

Originally posted by Athene
        hmm lets see... so the first ability, summons satyrs with clubs. melee range, health starting 250-2,000, and damage 50-400. spawns 8-30 at each corner of base. for invisibility, if used effectively, would be a bit confusing, and second ability, yes, it is like a copy of awe, but, well, lets just say that she also heals a little bi per second (from 10-100 health per second while effective, and time for it is from 5 seconds to 15 seconds, and recharge is 25 seconds.

I would warn you that these satyrs seem to be not very well balanced for the current slate of gods. Try to take a look at the relative levels of other gods and their abilities to see where power should be. The GOO Wiki, for example, is a bit out of date but gives a good baseline for about where new powers should be. Compared to its most similar power, Athena's Summon Hoplites, these satyrs seem to have about twice the health and far more damage output than a hoplite, while the summoning unit amount is about the same at lower levels and only about half at higher levels.

As for the second ability, I think you may need to reconsider it entirely. This is just using another god's ability and there seems to be no real way you will be able to properly make it function in a dissimilar way to Aphrodite's Awe, which is an Ultimate Ability for a reason. Adding healing to that just makes it too much.

Comment

ok, so health 45-450, and damage 10-150. amount is still the same, for satyrs. now they have about half health and damage of hoplites, but double quantity. well, turn from 8-30 to 4-30 on each corner.
          ok, ok then it only heals.

Comment

Or she could replace one of the ability with a power called overgrowth where the plant will grow on defenses making them unable to function

Comment

Originally posted by ChaosFromIMMORTALS View Post
              Or she could replace one of the ability with a power called overgrowth where the plant will grow on defenses making them unable to function
              Yea i like that idea, like it can be for a specific duration

Comment

And the power could weaken the building making them much easier to destroy

Comment

Working...
                X