Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I’ve Found Defense Help Is Rare

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I’ve Found Defense Help Is Rare

    Anyone that has played with me knows that I’m an assistant FIRST (it’s in my username…”The Assistant”).
    I prefer assisting and rarely attack (about 20 to 1)
    This makes me extraordinary helpful to others and I’m appreciated by most of the people in any alliance that I join.
    Because I unselfishly assist so often, my perspective of other players is unique, in that I’m not expecting ANY paybacks of my assistance nor do many players get the chance to help me in my infrequent battles. This also allows me to see when other players are assisting and more importantly (when I assist in defensive battles) to see when others help in defense.
    I understand that many people want to attack more and it’s natural to help others when they attack because you’re actually helping someone that is there, actively playing…who can also choose to acknowledge your help AND thank you for your efforts…where a defensive battle may go unnoticed and/or forgotten…unappreciated.
    Due to this, I believe most people DON’T assist in defensive battles.
    Even I (the great assistant) don’t assist on defense as often as offensive attacks.
    So if I DON’T assist as often on defense, goodness knows other people don’t. 😇

    This announcement is from the Emergency Broadcast System. Had this been a real emergency, you would have been instructed what to do and where to go.
    We now return you to your regularly scheduled program.

  • #2
    But helping in defense is actually great. One of the missions is just called "deicide ". You got 2 gems and 1000 néctar by killing 2 gods

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Filosof View Post
      But helping in defense is actually great. One of the missions is just called "deicide ". You got 2 gems and 1000 néctar by killing 2 gods
      Zap the god

      Comment


      • #4
        Nice writeup. In the alliance i'm in, if you ask, they tell you assisting attacks is preferred. I usually do that unless multiple people attack at the same time, in which case i get perturbed, and i help defense instead. Also, if anyone from the really good helpers in the Alliance are being attacked.

        Comment


        • #5
          Some alliance are told to prioritize defenses

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by DillyDilly View Post
            Anyone that has played with me knows that I’m an assistant FIRST (it’s in my username…”The Assistant”).
            I prefer assisting and rarely attack (about 20 to 1)
            I've been wondering. How does that affect your level, and how much nectar do you have? Level because i wonder how defense raises you, if at all. And nectar, because i'm just curious how much you can have stored.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by chacham View Post

              I've been wondering. How does that affect your level, and how much nectar do you have? Level because i wonder how defense raises you, if at all. And nectar, because i'm just curious how much you can have stored.
              right now I’m level 111.
              My level doesn’t increase much (if any) from defensive assistance. I don’t really care to increase my level because #1. The higher it gets, the more things cost and #2. Higher level battles are harder and those opponents are usually better players that easily whoop my butt. I’m just an average player..so it’s not hard to beat me.
              Defensive assisting does reward the same nectar. My current nectar count is over 269,000…a supply that will never be exhausted.
              I wish I could exchange some of my nectar for gold. (Did you hear that, game developers?)

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Seaweed View Post
                Some alliance are told to prioritize defenses
                My second account (level 40 currently) is in an alliance that encourages/prioritizes defense. It’s wonderful!
                Those type of alliances are rare. They are also strict about calling battles…which can be a bit silly when 2 players are playing.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Yea alliance that prioritize defense generally enforce their rules strictly and have a calling attack rule also

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by chacham View Post
                    I usually do that unless multiple people attack at the same time, in which case i get perturbed, and i help defense instead. Also, if anyone from the really good helpers in the Alliance are being attacked.
                    Same here. Sometimes I just quit and come back later. It’s frustrating when no one else seems to want to help. I’m left as the only one and I don’t like picking favorites.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by DillyDilly View Post
                      right now I’m level 111.
                      My level doesn’t increase much (if any) from defensive assistance.
                      Ah, so you played a while before switching to this strategy.

                      Originally posted by DillyDilly View Post
                      Defensive assisting does reward the same nectar. My current nectar count is over 269,000…a supply that will never be exhausted.
                      I wish I could exchange some of my nectar for gold. (Did you hear that, game developers?)
                      Or for ambrosia. That builds so slowly.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Well, to be fair there already is a way to convert nectar to resources. Just attack.

                        If there's an aversion to attacking, then I'm not sure what good the gold would do anyway. What's the point of upgrading gods if they aren't attacking?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Rocko View Post
                          Well, to be fair there already is a way to convert nectar to resources. Just attack.
                          8^D

                          Originally posted by Rocko View Post
                          If there's an aversion to attacking, then I'm not sure what good the gold would do anyway. What's the point of upgrading gods if they aren't attacking?
                          1) Unlock Alliance powers.
                          2) There's that one-time Market purchase.

                          3) Attacking in daily and weekly challenges which give usable stone.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by chacham View Post

                            8^D



                            1) Unlock Alliance powers.
                            2) There's that one-time Market purchase.

                            3) Attacking in daily and weekly challenges which give usable stone.
                            Weekly challenges don't use your gods but again as Rocko pointed out why participate in daily challenges if you don't want to attack?
                            Azura

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by azura View Post
                              Weekly challenges don't use your gods
                              Oops!

                              Originally posted by azura View Post
                              why participate in daily challenges if you don't want to attack?
                              Gold and stone. Gold to purchase more gods and their alliance powers. Stone to build up your base for defense.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X