ALL ALLIANCES - New Update Opinions and Alliance Rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ALL ALLIANCES - New Update Opinions and Alliance Rules

In case you haven't noticed, this new update has changed many basic mechanics of the game, including an entirely new avenue for attacking and defending: the Underworld. Setting aside other issues people have with the update, how has this update changed the way your alliances work?

My own alliance has had a rough go of it as a particularly structured alliance with rules emphasising defence and turn taking. With the new lane of Underworld attacks and the suddenly pressing need to both use up mana and pomegranates, we decided that each world would be treated separately. Our logic is essentially this:

If there is a defence in Olympus, you can either defend or attack in the Underworld.

If there is a defence in the Underworld, you can either defend or attack on Olympus.

If there is a defence in both worlds, you have to choose one and defend.

----------------

Here are some questions myself and my alliance would like to ask the community:

Has the update made your alliances stronger or weaker as a unit?

What sort of attack structure did you have before and how has it been changed since the Underworld Update?

What sort of rules do you have for your alliance to try and cope with the changes of this update?

How are your rules enforced? Are you strict? Do you utilise probation or kick players for violations?

-----------------------------
    This update has made my alliance change very much!
    44.44%
    This update has made my alliance change a moderate amount!
    11.11%
    This update has made my alliance change very little!
    33.33%
    Change? We spit in the face of change!
    11.11%

My opinion is with rules that dictate you must do this or that just slows down game progress. But I won’t judge if it works for you. Relying on assisters all the time doesn’t develop skills either. Solo attacking once in awhile isn’t a bad thing.

Chris

Comment

I agree with War Hammer. You don't need assists everytime you attack or defend. Always keep in mind that your actual skill is when you're with no assisters. To come back to the topic, this update has given such a positive impact on my alliance. We used to attack freely, and we still do. But activity wise, this update has given old players to actively play the game and therefore increased so much activity within the alliance.

Comment

Originally posted by War Hammer View Post
        My opinion is with rules that dictate you must do this or that just slows down game progress. But I won’t judge if it works for you. Relying on assisters all the time doesn’t develop skills either. Solo attacking once in awhile isn’t a bad thing.

Chris
        I kinda agree, When I was out of the alliance I joined many top Alliances on the leaderboard and making friends.... I joined many which do not have rules at all...just attack whenever you want no one cares, Order of warrior gives you the guts to destroy the whole base. But this assisting thingy has become like our tradition there... and fan can't just change it just like that, I mean that is how they rose up to the leaderboards... and we all blast our nectars on sunday..so it is no worry... but what clyte is saying is that before the update we all organize a rotation and and it is just 1 defense 1 attack at a time. Sometimes it is 2 or more defenses at the same time, or 1 attack and 1 defense at the same time but, that was before the update.. Now imagine that there are now two worlds at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by JKs View Post
          I agree with War Hammer. You don't need assists everytime you attack or defend. Always keep in mind that your actual skill is when you're with no assisters. To come back to the topic, this update has given such a positive impact on my alliance. We used to attack freely, and we still do. But activity wise, this update has given old players to actively play the game and therefore increased so much activity within the alliance.
          I can see where you come from on the attacking side of things, as that is just a matter of what kind of experience you find most rewarding in the game. For myself and many of my alliance members, assisting is often more enjoyable than attacking. I don't quite agree that assisting hurts a player's overall skill level, though.

On the assister's side, you get to observe different strategies and combos you might not see if you didn't have the benefit of being there for so many attacks and to see what kinds of attacks work on what kinds of bases rather than wasting your own time stumbling blindly forward. It's the benefit of a collective knowledge rather than going it alone. For the attacker, even, learning how to direct your assisters with the flags is a skill in itself. I would also argue that no strategy is going to work well on all base types or all environments, so having alliance members there for support can help fill in those inevitable gaps that come from having anything less than all of the gods at or near being fully upgraded.

And when it comes to helping a defence, it really helps, especially when you're being revenge attacked by (usually) a higher level player whose defensive trophy count is equal to your attack trophies but whose own attack trophies greatly outnumber your defensive trophies. There is no greater feeling than seeing the last god die just a moment before they would have destroyed the last remaining temple.

I am glad that the update has increased your alliance activity, though! As a whole I think it has been good for our alliance as well in terms of activity, but the cohesive and supportive structure we've set up for one another

Comment

I suggest a different chat for underworld and overworld to solve this lol. The chat's UI is older than Ancient Greece.
            Honestly, some of us text in discord or whatsapp since we dislike the chat feature in GOO. to co-ordinate better and avoid misunderstanding.

Comment

Even a different announcement feature for Overworld and Underworld can make things a lot more easier.

Comment

I'm not sure about this, sounds like more chaos than its worth frankly speaking :P

Comment

Recently restarted the game after a year+ hiatus and I haven't (re)joined an alliance yet. Gotta say, I forgot how liberating it is to go solo... and SOOO much faster. Of course, the Alliances were always a great way to meet interesting and fun folks. Nice to see some familiar faces on here still!
                  Vi veri universum vivus vici

Comment

As someone in a casual alliance, nothing has really changed. We still assist the same way, but I personally prefer to assist overworld, more fun for me.

Comment

Hello

For us the update changed the way we play. We re a team that plays with rules. The novelty and quantity of pomegranate triggered an attack frenzy for 8 weeks and it was impossible to organize any team effort.
                      as novelty fades and pomegranate stocks disminishes we re getting back to the way we were before

Comment

To answer your questions our rules are
                        1 announce your attacks
                        2 we set a turn (2 attacks at a time). Everyone can create or manage the turn. Very often it s a general that does it
                        3 if you don t want to wait you announce solo and you go by yourself
                        4 we stop attacking to defend
                        5 if you help, you help the defenses then the turn then the solo players

Comment

Originally posted by Sgtpembry View Post
                          To answer your questions our rules are
                          1 announce your attacks
                          2 we set a turn (2 attacks at a time). Everyone can create or manage the turn. Very often it s a general that does it
                          3 if you don t want to wait you announce solo and you go by yourself
                          4 we stop attacking to defend
                          5 if you help, you help the defenses then the turn then the solo players
                          Yea those first 3 are super common

Comment

Working...
                          X