Happy Endings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Endings

Groups of close friends started this clan 2 days ago, we all played in the top 20 alliances and decided to build a purely fun alliance based on chat activity and helping one other. So if you are active and like to have a laugh as well as play then this is the right alliance for you.

18+ only and must be active in chat, PM me if interested or come and visit us in game

Catch you later

Bert

Hi Bert welcome , Why 18+ ? What's wrong with Kids ?

Comment

I cannot speak for Bertikur, but this is why I look for 18+ Only alliances:

I don't want to have to constantly censor my every word to make sure every comment is appropriate for a younger audience– especially during my hour of leisure time after a long day at work.

As a 41-year old, I prefer chatting with adults who share some of the same life experiences and daily concerns as myself. I don't befriend children and teenagers in real life, so why would I online?

Maturity level and lack of impulse control can be an issue. I've noticed many younger players often spam pointless and annoying comments in the chat (which is why I left my old alliance a few months back), and aren't very patient when it comes to waiting for their turn in the queue.

Online Safety: I think it's weird to be chatting with random, underage kids online, whether in a game or in a private chatroom. Public forums are one thing because they are very public– but it wouldn't be difficult for a predator to lure an underage victim away from a larger alliance and into a very small, private alliance of 2.
      Requiring 18+ gets rid of that (unlikely, but why risk it?) scenario, entirely.

In short, if I wanted to hang out with kids, I would have had some. (:

Comment

Originally posted by bird View Post
        i cannot speak for bertikur, but this is why i look for 18+ only alliances:

I don't want to have to constantly censor my every word to make sure every comment is appropriate for a younger audience– especially during my hour of leisure time after a long day at work.

As a 41-year old, i prefer chatting with adults who share some of the same life experiences and daily concerns as myself. I don't befriend children and teenagers in real life, so why would i online?

Maturity level and lack of impulse control can be an issue. I've noticed many younger players often spam pointless and annoying comments in the chat (which is why i left my old alliance a few months back), and aren't very patient when it comes to waiting for their turn in the queue.

Online safety: I think it's weird to be chatting with random, underage kids online, whether in a game or in a private chatroom. Public forums are one thing because they are very public– but it wouldn't be difficult for a predator to lure an underage victim away from a larger alliance and into a very small, private alliance of 2.
        Requiring 18+ gets rid of that (unlikely, but why risk it?) scenario, entirely.

In short, if i wanted to hang out with kids, i would have had some. (:
        exactly!!!

Comment

The early game theorist and ethnographer, Gary Fine, did a study on D&D back in the 1980s. The problem with kids in games around adults is that they socialize differently (as others have noted on this thread). When adults jab at each other, other adults usually understand that it is just tensions being relieved and that they should just stay out of it - it's quite trivial. Young people often feel that confrontation is about jockeying for position socially. They will get involved, rumormonger and feeding into the conflict to gain status (think of school fight mobbing). Many autistic people socialize this way also (extroverted autistic). The young person's social world is still forming and positions aren't yet set. The adult social world is very different. It may have something to do with the scientific fact that young brains stop developing for a period during the teenage years (this may also speak to the issue with socialization among extroverts with autism). Without that plasticity in mental function, young people often compensate with plasticity to their social structure. Think back to high school, and remember how many little groups or cliques there were. Personally, I had friends in half a dozen different groups and I don't remember having any friends that just hung out with one group and that was it (maybe a few very introverted people). Most young people want a lot of adulation in their social world and a lot of usurping of roles. Adults are the total opposite - stability and predictability - don't make waves. I don't blame any adult for wanting to be in 18+ groups online, but personally I will make exceptions when I encounter very mature young people. Anyway, the Gary Fine stuff is super interesting and I think it is available for free online

Comment

What about all the adults who act like kids and the kids who pose as adults lol

Comment

Originally posted by Overkill View Post
              What about all the adults who act like kids and the kids who pose as adults lol
              We can't police this completely, but we can try.
              Adults who act like kids should be treated the same as kids (sent to bed early with no supper!)
              Kids that pose as adults are usually easy to spot after an hour or so chatting in game. I often make 'decade-specific' references which go completely over the head of those too young to remember (or even to be alive back then!)
              First World Problems, the home of Life, Love and Pixie Dust

Comment

Which is why people should make alliances just for kids or adults . My alliance is only kids . Two of the adults left my clan because one member started cursing him . Now a days when kids get online they think that they are pre her people . They will say whatever they want and do what ever they want ,

Comment

Originally posted by Hercules View Post
                  Which is why people should make alliances just for kids or adults . My alliance is only kids . Two of the adults left my clan because one member started cursing him . Now a days when kids get online they think that they are pre her people . They will say whatever they want and do what ever they want ,
                  I'm glad your alliance is all kids. Kids can play just as well as adults.

Comment

I’m personally in a mixed alliance that enjoys helping develop players. We are kid friendly, but most of the officers tend to be adults. There’s nothing wrong with any format of alliance. I’m glad some adult-only alliances exist. It gives the adults somewhere to feel free to relax and act as adults. Also glad kids-only alliances exist, it allows them to socialize with their peer group. There’s room for all kinds in this game.

Comment

Working...
                    X